WC3/WC4 Dialogue hotspots

Lunitari

Spaceman
Anyone else find it creepy when you enter a hotspot and you can see the characters there that you can communicate with, and you move your mouse cursor over there and they just slowly turn their heads to face you? Kinda creepy....like something out of a bad horror movie. I especially like the scene in the galley in Wing 4 where Hawk is trying to get some sleep, and he just kinda lifts his head and stares in your direction. Reminds me of the opening scene in Resident Evil.

I always liked to move the mouse on and off the hotspot, so that the character would do a strange dance.

when wc3 came out I was 6 years old and as a kid, I found it really funny in the wingman selection screen when you hovered the mouse over Maniac and he grabbed his nuts. Moving the mouse on and off really quickly made him... well you can probably guess what he did :D.

I liked just as much when you could choose what to say and you go back and forth really fast. And it'd be like, Kiss her, it would never work with her, kiss her, it would nev, kiss her, it would, kiss, it, ki, it. Know what I mean?

Yeah that was fun as well. I did that in wc4 when you were choosing whether to go to speradon or circe - Hawk's right, Panther's right, Hawk's right, Panther's right, Hawk's right, Panther's right, Hawk's right, Panther's right...

Edfilho said:
I always liked to move the mouse on and off the hotspot, so that the character would do a strange dance.

I liked doing that in the WC Briefings. Manaic was the best :D

One thing I liked in wc4 was the map that showed you the hotspots so that you wouldn't have to travel to every room to see if there was one there like in wc3

I always liked to move the mouse on and off the hotspot, so that the character would do a strange dance

Yeah, my favorite is the first time you talk to Hobbes in WC3. He turns his head toward you and kinda bounces on the balls of his feet, so if you do it over and over again. He kinda reminds me of the Night at the Roxbury guys.

Dundradal said:
One thing I liked in wc4 was the map that showed you the hotspots so that you wouldn't have to travel to every room to see if there was one there like in wc3

I liked that too.

you know though that in Wc4 its very easy to miss the cutscene of Blairs report to Towlyn on the Lexington. I believe I remember the "please report to the briefing room" which plays straight after you come back from a mission, and even if you go and save first, then go to the briefing room it skips the video. It was only after the 3rd or so play through that i even noticed those cutscsnes. (my pc crashed the game often early on in the game so thats why I saved so much)

Ed

Right, the map was precious, the "dialogs hunts" in WC3 were kinda annoying. Just check the map and watch the cutscene... good job.

Yes, I remember those cutscenes being easy to miss. I recall the first time I played through, I missed the first one, but realized something was missing and started from a previous save so I could check it out.

Edfilho said:
Right, the map was precious, the "dialogs hunts" in WC3 were kinda annoying.

Particularly in 1994, when it took quite a bit of time to transition from one room to another on the Victory.

tell me about it... But the reeeeal wait was before the mission started... it took my poor 486 66MHz about 5min to load a mission... I spent a loooooooong time looking at the lauch VDU.

The only other game that made me wait so much was Civ3, which I played on a pc inferior to the min specs. I actually got to read an entire book while waiting for my turn... 7 minutes at a time.

In the Victory's elevator, if you click on a floor and then quickly click the exit, you'll get off on that floor without going through the elevator up/down cinematic. I know it works in the KS version, anyway.

You can turn these transition scenes off, you know... You don't have to whatch the "waiting for the elevator" scene, nor the "waiting in the elevator" one, nor the "exiting the elevator" one, nor the "climbing up or down the stairs" and so on.

But you do get to see the nice "getting into the cockpit" scenes and the "pretty slick flying sir"...

Back