WC3 sound and music problems

Ghost

Emperor
Hey Folks!
I have a problem with my PC and WC3
In the box of Sound and Music election i choose any of the SB family card and i don´t have any problem, no crashes, no anything,appears the box of normal-reverse channell, there is no sound or music, i tested WC3 in pure DOS and in Win98 SE.
I have a SOYO K7VTA Board with the Audio Legacy Sound-chip on board (surely this is the problem, but i had another on-board chip sound before and no problem with the sound), i changed the properties of the Sound chip and enbled/disabled the SB emulation in the BIOS but the problem is still here.

Thannks in Advance
Ghost

You have ran into the "VIA's AC97 controller professes to have DOS compatibility but in reality does not" problem. If you want sound in DOS, you'll have to get some other sound card. The onboard AC97 just won't do it (frustrating, I know).

Thanks
After trying some things, disabling the sound-chip in the BIOS, delteing the COM programm that enables the sound-chip in DOS, i can hear some sound in Win-Dos, but the quality is poor, and the movie frezees :(

You're better off running WC3 in Windows - you don't need to load the DOS drivers for your sound card.

Then you probably need to reconfigure your game settings. My sound card uses slightly different IRQ's between DOS and windows.

Well then, I recommend the Creative Sound Blaster PCI 128. It can emulate some other sound cards in DOS, and has great DOS compatibility. I know, because I use the card to play DOS games, and it works perfectly. I also play WC3 in windows with it, and it works fine. No game I have has crappy sound with it.

It takes a little elbow grease to get it working in DOS because the latest driver and software updates delete some DOS-related files from your hard drive... but it's nothing that can't be fixed in two or three easy steps.

In short, get something by Creative.

Back