WC3 question

Playing WC3 in DosBox at Ace level. Something happened though. I now have Kitty Vaktoth bombers going at insane speeds. Playing the hardest mission in the whole game when you are in an Arrow vs. 3 Corvettes to start. After defeating the 3 Corvettes, I turn around to fight the incoming Vaktoth fighters. Even at full afterburners in my Arrow, these guys pull away from me at double speed. Im at 1300kps or something and they pull away like nothing. I had a problem with Disc 2 so this might be it. Anyway, no matter what I do, they fly by me and blow up the carrier. Is this normal?

Is it possible that you accedently hit the button which sets your speed in one direction while you can turn the ship in any other? Don't know how it's called, but I recall it happen to me on some occasions.

I'm not sure I've ever encountered that issue.

Is it possible that you accedently hit the button which sets your speed in one direction while you can turn the ship in any other? Don't know how it's called, but I recall it happen to me on some occasions.

It's called Autoslide.

which DOSBox version are you using? it could be that the cycles arent set right so when the corvettes die the game speeds up as theres not as much to render.

Using DOSBox 7.2. I am getting a feeling that this might be my problem too, I mean render rates. Right after I kill the last Corvette, I go after the bombers. They are moving so quick towards the carrier, I use up all afterburner to catch them. Sometimes I defeat them. Then all of a sudden, the 6 new fighters are 40,000K away with that new Corvette. Somehow Hobbes is already there (he was just on my wing, wasnt he?). Anyway, something is off.

Kill me for double post. I figured it out. When I go out to Nav1, I should be fighting on my own. After I down the 3 Corvettes, I sit back and pick the bombers at my leisure. Even though they run at and shoot torpedoes, my carrier is 1,000,000 K away. I have a ghost carrier. It is capable of shooting fighters down and Declaring"Mayday" and "we are going down". It is there, but never a mission ender. So, after going after the last Corvette and waiting till the bombers take down my non ship, I just get nasty.

Back