WC3 Question

Look at your nav-map, it will say 'activate cloak before you enter, laddy' prior to the nav point where you need to use it. After you blow up Thrakhath (and Hobbes) you automatically descend to Kilrah.

You can try activating the cloak in the very beginning and not fighting anyone until you get to Kilrah. You can't autopilot because of the enemy presence, but you can just set a course and go do something else for awhile. Also, you might try ramming Hobbes to death while cloaked. When you descend to the planet, your damage will be magically repaired.

Ramming Hobbes in his Thunderbolt with your Excalibur doesn't seem like the smartest idea.

Bloodspray: You need to cloak before you autopilot to the nav with Hobbes. Then everything will come around.

Ramming a T-Bolt with an Excalibur may not be the best idea, but with invincibility on it wouldn't be too bad. lol

Ok, I have tried the cloak on before heading to nav 3 (with Hobbes), I'm willing to try it again though. But, once I get out of auto pilot, I'm like 12K from the nav point. Once I fly to it, enemies are still around. So....then what? There is no nav 4, should I line up the planet and go do something for a few hours?

You can only descend to the planet when Hobbes and Thrakhath are dead. The game will do that automatically using a FMV cutscene. Don't forget to decloak when you get to the faceoff!

Sounds like I'm screwed then. I'll try again tonight, but even when I did go under cloak to nav 3, there still was only Hobbes, no Thrakhath. Unless I can make him show up somehow, I think I'm at an impasse. :(

Bloodspray said:
Right, but like I said - no Thrakhath, just Hobbes, some Paktahns, and infinite waves of Sorthaks.

Maybe you already killed Thrakhath in Loki 3. :p
Don't think that's possible in KS, in the original WC3 it was though.

I think killing thrakhath is what triggers the cutscene, I'm not sure if killing Hobbes was required before descending to kilrah...

Fruitcake said:
Maybe you already killed Thrakhath in Loki 3. :p
Don't think that's possible in KS, in the original WC3 it was though.

KS doesn't let you successfully kill Thrakhath in Loki (you can kill him, but the Victory jumps out the second you do, no matter how long the countdown has), but even in the DOS version, killing him doesn't affect his appearance in the final mission.

As for the problem at the moment, it sounds like there might be a bit of a bug, and Bloodspray should try playing to that point from an earlier savegame, to see if it's a consistent issue. If so, uninstall/defrag/reinstall (in theory defrag shouldn't do anything, but the reality is that Windows is wonky like that, sometimes), then play from another savegame, preferrably before the Kilrah series.

Death said:
As for the problem at the moment, it sounds like there might be a bit of a bug, and Bloodspray should try playing to that point from an earlier savegame, to see if it's a consistent issue. If so, uninstall/defrag/reinstall (in theory defrag shouldn't do anything, but the reality is that Windows is wonky like that, sometimes), then play from another savegame, preferrably before the Kilrah series.

:eek:

Ack!

:(

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I don't have much other choice. But playing through all that again (unless it was a fresh run after a year or several, of course) is just a PITA. :/

Let’s go through it by all the numbers though (and as the on-line guide also has it), just to make sure nothing else strikes you as amiss. First, you launch from the depot and auto to Waypoint or Nav 1. There you’ll find a destroyer (which you leave alone) and four Paktahn. After taking out the Paktahn, four Dralthi appear, and you dispatch them.

You then auto to Nav 2, where you find another destroyer and four Dralthi. After the Dralthi come six Strakha. After those fighters are destroyed, if you press “N”, you’ll see that the next Nav point is indeed called #3. You auto there, where you face the usual, irrelevant destroyer and three Darket, followed by six more, all nine of which you must slash and burn. If you then press “N”, you’ll only see references to Nav 1, Nav 2, and the so-called Kilrah area, which is actually your next stop, Nav 4. Nav 3, where you are now, will for some reason no longer be referenced, so I guess this is a data glitch in the game, and also, I assume, why you’ve been saying there are only three nav points.

It is at this point though, after you’ve killed the last Darket at Nav 3 and are still at Nav 3 that you must cloak (Cntrl + C). Only then can you safely proceed and auto to the next point, which, as noted, will be the Kilrah area, where both Thrakhath and Hobbes should be waiting. (The waves of Sorthak that you describe result whenever you fail to first cloak at Nav 3, and it’s then a failed mission; there will be no Thrakhath to kill and no chance to destroy Kilrah.)

Once at Nav 4, you must now de-cloak and kill both Thrakhath and Hobbes, and when you do, the game automatically “deposits” you over Kilrah and then down to the surface where you are able to cloak again.

The other method you can try is what McGruff suggested–cloak as soon as you leave the depot and auto to each waypoint in turn. Of course, it will take a little longer for the “Auto” light to come on at each waypoint since you’ll be passing by all the fighters instead of killing them, but once you get far enough on toward the next waypoint, your radar will clear and you can then auto the rest of the way. When you finally reach the Kilrah area, Thrakhath and Hobbes should be waiting for you.

Back