WC3 KS blues...

Lunitari

Spaceman
Man, I have tried just about everything. I have reinstalled the game about half a dozen times, tried every compatibility setting, set priority to "low," played the game in a window, tried that fan-made Win 2000 patch. A lot of people talk about how the game only freezes once in a great while for them. It freezes up on my after the first few cutscenes. Never exactly in the same spot either, and always during a transition from a cutscene, either when I click on a person or when the dialogue ends. I sincerely hope that someone out there makes a patch for this game like the ones made for Prophecy and Privateer 2.

Hmmm.....I loaded WC3 on my laptop which has Win XP as well, and the game seems to work fine, without having to change the priority or anything. Naturally, the specs are different....different graphics card, different sound card, chipset, etc. I am wondering if this is even a Windows XP problem.

Sigh....I need to build myself a legacy machine like everyone else has done or is doing.

Back