WC3: Kilrathi Saga and Joystick

ChanceKell

Rear Admiral
I recently got the full Kilrathi Saga set, and I realized that I've had joystick problems with running WC3. WC1 and 2 work just fine, however. The game starts up fine, but a soon as I get to the actual missions, I get no responce from my joystick or mouse. All the keyboard controls seem to work, unless there are keys that control flight, which are also inoperable. I've got Windows XP with DirectX 8.1, having the KS under Win95 compatibility. I'm using a Logitech WingMan Force 3D. It's an USB controller, and I don't have a non-USB port for gaming.

Any ideas?

I actually did not know their was an options menu reachable during flight (so much for getting a version with a manual..). Anyways, yes, it is selected. I was able to get the controls to run on keyboard and mouse, but those were terrible, at best (Hell, Vaquero got in five times more kills than I on the first mission..). There are options for Thrustmaster and Flightstick, but the game won't let me select them. It also didn't let me select the calibration button on that screen.

I'm not sure if the manual mentions the Alt-O menu...

Joystick calibration was a bit weird. I don't have a joystick (I'm used to keyboard controls), but when I tried WC3 for the first time (on a Windows computer), the install program insisted that I calibrate my 'joystick' before I could continue. Turned out it was just a mix-up with port addresses or I/O numbers or something.

i got the other problem stick works fine, but i cant get sound im on ME i have a flight stick so mabey u should get 1 just for wing co

Back