WC3 help please!!!

Hooyah

Spaceman
Is there any way to run WC3 in windows Me, I got wc4 to run just fine but Wc3 dose not work correctly. Thanks

To the best of my knowledge WC3 won't work on ME, 2000, and XP. A lack of DOS support.

You could try a bootdisk but only if your sound card has DOS support. What sound card do you have? Post your c:\autoexec.bat, C:\config.sys, and if you have one the c:\windows\dosstart.bat.

Better idea would be to buy a old 486DX or better PC at ebay for under $50.00 with DOS. Make sure it has a sound card, CD-ROM, 500 Meg HD and a least 16 megs of ram.

I have a built in soundblaster on an inte board. I guess I'll try to get an classic computer since I don't want to take the risk with a boot disk. How come WC4 works but not WC3? Thanks

Hate to make it worse but WC3 will not work on Me. I have it myself. Even Origin/EA tech support told me that so I've been told by others here that the only options are an older os like win95 or Kilrathi Saga. I can't say for sure why WC4 works and WC3 does not but I think WC4 has a win shortcut and WC3 needs true dos .Don't qoute me on that though I'm not sure.

Back