WC3 ending

TopGun said:
When I first played WC I, I always tried to avoide Astroid Fields whenever I could

I've crashed into astreoids so many times, couldn't even remember the number.

I also used to go around them whenever possible :)

Luckily, they changed the impact with astreoids in the recent space simulations. Now, you just bounce off of them (thank God!)...

In the Second Mission on WC I, when the Draymen had Jump. I decided to return to the Tiger Claw via Nav 1, instead of going through the Astroid Field at Nav 2

I remember that being possible. But I always stick close to the mission parameters as deviating from it can lead to failure. And if you head straight for where the Sivar is meant to be and it's not there, and it has disappeared on you, that's it. And you don't want the enslavement ending, do you?

The PC version of WC1's asteroid fields wasn't difficult at all, as long as you don't go full throttle through it. Now, the SNES version, THAT was a bitch.

It's kind of interesting how the asteroid and mindfields in WC1 were such a major presense in the game, but are never brought back around later in the series.

I don't think I ever flew into an asteriod. There aren't that many in WC3 and if I do come close, I just blow it up. In WC3 it's practically impossible to crash into asteriods.

I never had wingmen by the ime I got to kilrah. I usually sent them home. If you don't, they die. Kinda sucks.

Yeah. Still, it's fun to think of what Star Wars referrences are in the game or could have been put in. Or Top Gun. Maverick and Angel? Hmmm, try Maverick and Charlie. Someone dies and one of the main characters can't fly because of it. How about intense rivalry between two pilots?

Yup. It's not hard to accept that Wing Commander has been influenced by Top Gun. And the other way around, too. There's a character in Fire At Will who is quite possibly the game's version of WC1 Angel. And of course, Merlin is Maverick's RIO (Radio Intercept Pilot, or co pilot) in Top Gun. You remember what name the toy Maverick had in the Wing Commander movie had?

I'm pretty sure there wasn't. But take a look at this pic from Ace Combat. Is that a Morningstar I see there?

Attachments

• Morningstar.jpg
    Morningstar.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 124
I bought a book titled "Wing Commander" off of Amazon.com. I blindly assumed that, because of the title, it was about WC. I was wrong. It was about a female CAG on a carrier in the carribean, and their bout with some seemingly hostile stealth fighters.

It was an interesting book, but, sadly, so much of the plot was pulled directly from Top Gun . .. and, I mean, entire sections of dialogue. Then, to ruin the rest of it, at the end of the book, the story comes to this abrupt jerk of an end, only barely tying up loose ends in a page or two. It was like getting to the middle of the story and running out of time, so you spout a "And he suddenly killed the bad guy and they all lived happily ever after, goodnight."

Back