WC2 winxp istall

GaryHart

Ensign
Okay First of all I have to say how happy i am that i found the wc2 files. Now when I got them i mounted the file on my virtual drive and go into the files to run wc2.exe and the game starts but when i create a new character after the callsign prompt my game crashes. same with so1.exe and so2.exe i am a newbie with dosbox but read another thread saying i dont need it. Please help!

Unless you have the Kilrathi saga version you pretty much have to use dosbox. There might be something else amiss with your setup. Can you post your dosbox settings and we'll have a look at those first.

ok

ok i got it to work by reinstalling the files to a different directory. Now the problem is when i run loadfix -32 wc2.exe the game runs but it is extremely slow i know there is a slow down tool called moslo but can that speed your computer up also:mad:

ok i got it to work by reinstalling the files to a different directory. Now the problem is when i run loadfix -32 wc2.exe the game runs but it is extremely slow i know there is a slow down tool called moslo but can that speed your computer up also:mad:

Most likely You need to adjust your cycles in dosbox.

When you start DOSBox, there is a blue box that explains what to do if you want more speed. Control+F11 and Control+F12 adjust the cycles. Contol+F7/F8 adjust the frame skip. These values are displayed along the title bar.

Back