WC2 models

Tarawa

Spaceman
I heard that the Concordia, Epee and Broadsword models on this site are the ACTUAL 3ds models from WC2 - does anyone know if there are any others out there and where they got them?

Are the actual WC2 modellers on here?

Apart from that I don't really get what you're talking about, you'd might want to check Wing Commander 3D, a site that stores 3D models/meshes from many of the games (all of them recreated with current software). I've seen at least a WC2 broadsword there, so that might be what you're looking for.

I think he means the original models from way back when WC2 was in development. The ones that where used to make the 2D view points that we saw in the game.

Origin must have used some sort of basic 3D program in order to make a digital 'hero' model of every ship. I'm pretty shure he's looking for those specific 3D models and the people who made them.

Woa! Brad! where did that come from? I can see the drayman is yours (good job) but the rest... it's amazing! how did you ever get your hands on those? The textures look authentic, just like in the game... I'm blown away over here.

I could do some serious modeling with this kind of reference... after I finished some over-due updates ;)

lol. none of those are mine, its just the larger file from where the shots i posted in your tarawa thread. i didn't model or texture any of em. i finally have some more time, so i'll be able to render more, half a week left...then i'm done with college.

Maj.Striker said:
Marc...I believe those are actually from the game.

Well if they are... I mean... I don't remember any 3D files on my WC2 gameCD.
I'm somewhat puzzled as to the source of these incredible images.
Who's the wonderfull human-being that released these so that Brad could render them?

indeed, the early WC games were all sprite engines, but sprites have to have a source. the guy who gave them to me is better left annonymous. if you need anything, ask..and if i have it, i'll render it out. :)

Wow!! Thanks for the link to those pictures.

Do you know if we are allowed to attempt to model these and/or try to get the textures to look the same?

Back