WC2 Manual

Magnum

Rear Admiral
Does anybody know where the full WC2 manual can be found? I know where the claw marks one is, but I can't find the WC2 one. Thanks.

Yeah, I don't have any links set up to that because it's not very well done. It was an automatic PDF -> HTML thingy that made that one, as opposed to Claw Marks which was a labour of love and is done in a much better way, IMNSHO.

TC

Originally posted by Magnum
Does anybody know where the full WC2 manual can be found? I know where the claw marks one is, but I can't find the WC2 one. Thanks.

If you can get hold of someone who has WC2 Delux, it has the PDF of the manual right on the CD. Just get 'em to lend the CD to ya for 2 minutes...:) Probly be easier to print it out that way than by downloading the HTML from the web link...

I believe I got the PDF manual on my wc2 cd version... I'll look it up later today, and if I find it I'll post it on my website. (there's nothing there anyways.)

And, for my wc website project I'm working on, does anyone have *all* the WC space force ranks for me?

Plus all awards, and how that the stuff with squadrons and wings work.

Thanks in advance,

iZM

The ranking system is in Victory Streak (wc3 manual). If you don't have it, I'll type it out for you.

TC

zim, if u cant find it, ive got wc1,2 and prov pdf manuals, also zim check the wc3 manual for the ranks

Here's the Space Forces ranks...

Enlisted Ranks
Spacehand (E1)
Spacehand, 2nd Class (E2)
Spacehand, 1st Class (E3)
Senior Spacehand (E4)
Staff Sergeant (E5)
Tech Sergeant (E6)
Master Sergeant (E7)
Senior Master Sergeant (E8)
Chief Master Sergeant (E9)

Officer Ranks
2nd Lieutenant (01)
1st Lieutenant (02)
Captain (03)
Major (04)
Lieutenant Colonel (05)
Colonel (06)
Brigadier General (07)
Lieutenant General (08)
Major General (09)
General (010)

And here's the Confed medals we know of...

Gold Star - Exceptional bravery against hopeless odds. Second awards are given as 'bars'.
Silver Star - Exceptional bravery against overwhelming opposition. Second awards are given as 'bars'.
Bronze Star - Exceptional bravery under fire. Second awards are given as 'bars'.
Blaze - Conspicious Gallantry
Golden Sun - Surviving the destruction of one's ship.
Victoria Cross - Most conspicuous bravery or some daring or pre-eminent act of valour or self-sacrifice or extreme devotion to duty in the presence of the enemy.
Distinguished Service Cross - Extraordinary heroism in action against an enemy of the Terran Confederation or while serving with friendly foreign forces.
Century Award - 100 confirmed air-to-air kills.
Ace of Aces Medal - 25 confirmed air-to-air kills. 50, 75, 100 and 125 kills are awarded 'bars' -- 150 is a second medal, and so forth in that cycle.
Flying Cross - Awarded to Officers and Warrant Officers for an act or acts of valour, courage, or devotion to duty performed whilst flying in active operations against the enemy.
Vegan Victory Award - Awarded for actions during the Vega Campaign (can be awarded with Diamonds).
Senatorial Star - Some Navy medal.
Senatorial Medal of Honor (Pewter Planet) - Highest medal awarded to military personel.
Red Comet - Awarded to pilots honorably killed in action.
Medal of Freedom - Civilian equivalent of the Medal of Honor.

Wing refers to the entire, self-sufficient fighter complement of a carrier. Usually around 100 craft of varying types. Wings are made up of squadrons... (Note that some carriers -- the Vesuvius and Midway classes -- carry more than one wing of fighters).

Squadrons are smaller, more specific groups of 8 to 16 fighters each.

Always found it strange to get a Golden Sun for ejecting in WC1 and a verbal bashing in WC2. Of course, circumstances were different, but still...

Keep in mind that you get a Golden Sun only once, after that you get some sort bashing too. :)
Now just think that Blair already got a Golden Sun in WC2 and thus gets a bashing from Tolwyn, who dislikes him anyway.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Always found it strange to get a Golden Sun for ejecting in WC1 and a verbal bashing in WC2. Of course, circumstances were different, but still...

Blair would have already gotten his Golden Sun... he loses a few fighters in the course of the movie novels and Wing Commander Academy.

I realize that LOAF, but still, considering he's the Heart of the Tiger and the Hero of the Confederation, I'd like to see the drawer he keeps all his awards in. I'm sure he just tosses em in and forgets about em until he has to get in his dress uniform for some Admiral or something.

There was a joke about how would Blair keep his medals when transferring from ship to ship, and how big would the case be. Or if he would care at all. :)

I wonder why all the medals are worn on one side of the uniform. I know they don't wear all the medals at once, but it'd be funny to try - and very difficult to walk straight.

Back