WC2 File NEEDED!!!!

Bull

Spaceman
Hello Guys,

please excuse my bad english...i am from germany.

i urgent need the WC2.LZC File from the wing commander disk 2.
the file on my disk is corrupt, so dosbox cancel the installation of wc2.
the game is the german version, i don´t know if the english version contains this file too.
i also own a cd-rom version of wc2, but i can´t find this file on any folder on the cd.

maybe one of you guys can send me the file per e-mail.

thanks for your help.

bull

thanks for the help, but it still doesn´t work. the install program tells me the file WC2.LZC is missing. i don´t know what i should do. maybe i have to fix the checksum or so, but i haven´t any progs for such operations.

i hope one of you guys could help me, cause the german version of wc2 is very rare.

thanks for the help, but it still doesn´t work. the install program tells me the file WC2.LZC is missing. i don´t know what i should do. maybe i have to fix the checksum or so, but i haven´t any progs for such operations.

i hope one of you guys could help me, cause the german version of wc2 is very rare.

How are you trying to run the game? Are all your drives mounted properly in dosbox?

How are you trying to run the game? Are all your drives mounted properly in dosbox?

all drives mounted correctly so as written in the techsupport at the cic homepage.
i own the german version of wc2 with 7 3,5" disks.
i also can set all the parameters for install, then the installation begins.
disk1 is getting installed correctly but during the install of disk2 the program says now this file has been destroyed (after checking SERIES.S00) then the installation breaks and throw me back to the prompt in dosbox.
i haven´t a chance to check the other disks because the install program breaks in cause of an error.

i´dont know what i should do, i hope alucard could send me the file SERIES.S00 like he does it with the WC2.LZC (thanks for that alucard:) )

if you guys think that i´m wrong or going to make a mistake, please tell me cause i´m a dos-rookie.

thanks. bull

all drives mounted correctly so as written in the techsupport at the cic homepage.
i own the german version of wc2 with 7 3,5" disks.
i also can set all the parameters for install, then the installation begins.
disk1 is getting installed correctly but during the install of disk2 the program says now this file has been destroyed (after checking SERIES.S00) then the installation breaks and throw me back to the prompt in dosbox.
i haven´t a chance to check the other disks because the install program breaks in cause of an error.

i´dont know what i should do, i hope alucard could send me the file SERIES.S00 like he does it with the WC2.LZC (thanks for that alucard:) )

if you guys think that i´m wrong or going to make a mistake, please tell me cause i´m a dos-rookie.

thanks. bull

One option is to copy the contents of all the disks to different folders on your harddrive. You can then mount the folders as a floppy drive in dosbox, Or using something like Daemon tools. That way when it asks for a new disk you can tab to the program and load the next folder. That way you wont be relying on a possibly dammaged disk. Even overwritting the corupt file won't help if the disk is cooked. That way you can try and recreate the disk on the harddrive.

Alternately, copy the files from the corupt disk to a new floppy. And replace any bad files on the new disk.

Back