Wc1

Red Dragon

Spaceman
Hi, first post here !

I just dug out my old WC1 disks and installed the game. I loaded up dosbox following the instructions posted here and fired up the game !

Then I realised I need the manual to answer the start up question, which ofc, I cant find! Anyone know if there is a copy of the manual kicking about that I could d/l ?

Many thanks

Well, thanks to the info posted in these forums, I was able to play for the first time in years. No issues so far with sound, joystick or anything else.

Was able to complete the first few missions, and was awarded a Bronze Star after protecting transport to the jump point.

At the moment, I'm stuck on the next mission where Paladin is on my wing - I either get blown up by the mines, or the next wave of Kilrathi after the minefield. Four failed attempts so far - but I'll complete it tonight !!

Here's the front page story about it.

We are posting our write ups in the General WC ChatZone. That has links to the first 3 weeks and this week we were doing losing paths and if people still had some missions to finish up.

Next week we'll be starting Secret Missions 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a look at all the posts - dont think I can compete with some of the writings there - they way too good !!

Do you guys take notes while playing the game or something ??

I can never remember what I did in a particular mission - way too busy avoiding asteroids or killing cats :)

I just use my memory most of the time. I do use the CIC resources for double-checking my facts though. The Game Guides section and Wedge's site are definitely open when I'm writing mine up.

Don't worry about making a massive post. Do whatever you want the whole point is that we are all playing along together and can share some of the mission experiences.

Back