WC1 & WC2 remake

i havent had time to look around the zillion pages on this specific forum, but i was wondering if anyone started a fan project to remake the game engine in WC1 and WC2 keeping the original cutscenes and storyline in order to make it more playable and more 3d :)

has any1 ever heard anything bout it? maybe using an existing engine and making a mod for it?

Someone did some a few missions for Flight Commander and called it a WC1 Remake, but most people tend to avoid that sort of thing. I have zero interest in playing some other space sim's engine with clashing WC1/2 cutscenes mixed in. If I want to play WC1/2, I'll just play WC1/2. Most attempts at remaking games have been somewhat terrible, and trying to recreate all the things that made the original games good isn't a worthwhile goal for many people. I'd recommend everyone interested in fan projects and modding just create their own original games.

Yeah, not to say that it isn't possible to make a good project but really I think a better goal would be to make a new game set in the same time period as these games. Perhaps a Secret Missions 3 for WC1?

I think that a remake can be a great thing. The game Pirates! is on its second remake, and it's fantastic. However, a fan-made remake for WC1 might simply be unecessary, since the game still plays very well with DOSBox.

If someone decided to make an official WC1 remake for the next generation gaming, then it's another thing.

you are all probably correct. Specially about making original titles. Its just that Wc is my favorite game but not thanks to the space flying simulator :p i believe that WC1/2 is better as a game than the other modern versions... except maybe for prophecy...

Anyway the real turn on in WC for me was always the storylines and cutscenes, it feels like being the main character of a movie. And right now i was playing freespace 2 (modded to remove the bugs) and my eyes are still shaking from all the rocking around...

I also liked freelancer engine very much, specially the ideia we could see the ship we are flying at all times, whoever played it knows what im talking about..

well thats it :)

Back