WC1 Oddities...

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Just had another crack at WC1 on my last evening before I returned to uni and I found a few (although trivial) interesting points:

In the early missions, both briefing and debriefing occurred on the same day at 06:00. Now, I know cleaning out kitties takes no time, but this is a bit much, don't you think?

There were often two or even three missions played on the same day. And often briefings were introduced as: "XX minutes into the briefing..." So we fly, shower, eat, talk, receive medals, and then fly our little DeLorean back a day? :)

And who were Dibber, Potshot, Sutek, Zoro, and Seggallion? Sim freaks? If they were as good in the simulator as they were in combat, they should have surpassed everyone - including Blair - on the 'chalkboard'! Heh, chalkboard. :)

Y'know, that's not nearly a good enough explanation for it. :)

Didn't LOAF put up the dates for every mission in WC1? Surely someone would have spotted something funny in the timeline.

I didn't notice that, but is true, some mission ocurs on the same they, I think pilots will get exauted fot flying 3 mission a day... I think

Originally posted by Wedge009

In the early missions, both briefing and debriefing occurred on the same day at 06:00. Now, I know cleaning out kitties takes no time, but this is a bit much, don't you think?

There were often two or even three missions played on the same day. And often briefings were introduced as: "XX minutes into the briefing..." So we fly, shower, eat, talk, receive medals, and then fly our little DeLorean back a day? :)
Well you know, the modern fighter jock is a pretty busy man... :D;)

Aside from the first one (.110), all the dates and mission times (not medal times!) in WC1 are random jumps ahead in time... the *actual* WC1 timeline can be gained through dialogue...

And who were Dibber, Potshot, Sutek, Zoro, and Seggallion? Sim freaks? If they were as good in the simulator as they were in combat, they should have surpassed everyone - including Blair - on the 'chalkboard'! Heh, chalkboard. :)

They're pilots from some other squadron. Tiger's Claw had 104 of them...

Heh, chalkboard. :)
Well yeah, so the pilots "update" it themselves... :)
Plus it tells you things are not done automatically like with the WC3 onwards killboards...

I find it more "antique", but nicer... :)
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

Aside from the first one (.110), all the dates and mission times (not medal times!) in WC1 are random jumps ahead in time... the *actual* WC1 timeline can be gained through dialogue...
Mmmhhh... I don't get it LOAF... What do you mean by "random jumps" in time?

There's no *set* amount of time between two missions -- the game always starts at 2654.110 (Enyo 1)... but Enyo 2 might be .111 or .114 -- it's random.

Ahhh... I see...

But I was thinking about the "hour" problem that Wedge mentioned.... how can we explain the same time at briefing and debriefing?
:confused:

Y'know, that "Go Ghost" is really annoying. No slight intended.

If those 'other' pilots were as good as they were in the simulator, they certainly could have made a bigger dent in the Kilrathi than Blair could ever manage. As it is, generic pilots are next to no help at all, especially in the infamous Kurasawa 2 mission.

I don't believe there would be enough ships to go around. Bengals, that is. Ghost wasn't being serious.

Back