WC1 for win 95

That's because they base damage *only* on their armor & core -- so they can lose all their shields and not be damaged, but then take a few hits and be near-death.

We also have to keep a eye on that Cerebus plasma cannon that does know the diference of friendly and hostile.
I lose more wingmans to that turret that from the bugs...

What gets me is people complaining about it killing them -- it's just firing in a big straight line (G)

Heads up!! Look where youre going!! Those turrets fired slow enough to avoid getting hit by them. But its fun having the bugs chase you and you lead them right into the turret fire!! :D

RFBurns

LOAF, this happend to me last night, I was tailing a moray and that ship headed for the cerebus, that gun start to fire at it, I got two bolts passing right above me but still I keep on its tail, I manage to kill him and see a bolt coming right at me, I hit burn and climb.
I made it, the same happens when we afterburn and the gun shoot us from behind, we dont even see it coming..

You can always see what's behind you in SO.:) I don't quite remember which keys you have to use, but in your target VDU you can see what's going on behind.

So now there's no excuse to get killed by the Cerberus.<G>

I know that, My wingmans dont know that (it looks that way) I never fight on the lower half of the Cerebus in that weapon range, also EW is a little hard to hit anything as we are looking over the shoulder :)

I even got shot once by the cerberus' Tachyon guns. I chased a bug, killed it, but the Cerberus keeps firing (and those bug ships sometimes take a long time to explode).My whole viewport was filled with the explosion and when the "smoke" cleared, I just saw quite a few Tachyon bolts blazing my way. Boy, they take a punch! But I never witnessed any of my wingmen flying into Cerbeus' BFG, only me. :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
It fires in a stream, though... just stay the heck away from the stream. :)

Sometimes easier said than done when you and the plasma gun have targetted the same ship. More so when the enemies are still in a cluster at the start of a dogfight.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Don't you just hate it when you blow up an enemy, and then get killed by friendly fire?

Yeah, makes you think why you put your life at jeopardy for them! :)

And Wedge: Huahuahuahuahuahua...well, it was not that good. :)

Just don't target the same ship as the plasma weapon. :) It's generally pretty obvious what it's shooting at.

Originally posted by Wedge009
I just realised something. Kats being involved in dogfights?

Ironic isn't it?

In slang English though, a "catfight" is what could have happened when you had to make that famous choice in WC III, between Flint and Rachel... :)

"Miaaooooo... Meeeeew!" :D

Men out fighting have always had to avoid the fire of their own artillery in any type of attack. This is no different. Think of it as a touch of realism :)

Back