WC1 for Pocket PC

K1nG Gr4H4m

Spaceman
I just found this: PocketDos. It's a dos emulator for the PocketPC and it's suppose to run WC1 on it. I didn't try it, because I don't have one. I don't know if it's too slow or too fast, but they have a small screenshot on their page.

http://www.pocketdos.com/

Wing.gif

Way cool!! Not that I have a pocket PC or anything but I am glad to see the oldies and the goodies are being transferred so that noone forgets their genius!!

They're not porting anything -- it's just a DOS emulator... you can probably run most old DOS games on it.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I thought it would be a appropriate.
I'll be getting an XDA II Pocket PC tomorrow hopefully or in the next few days. I was wondering if DOS programs like this would be compatible with it?

DyNaMiX said:
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I thought it would be a appropriate.
I'll be getting an XDA II Pocket PC tomorrow hopefully or in the next few days. I was wondering if DOS programs like this would be compatible with it?

I guess, these are the system requirements for the program. If it's a pocket pc, I think it *should* work.

Minimum:

A Handheld PC, Handheld PC Professional, Handheld PC 2000, Palm-sized, Pocket PC or Pocket PC 2002 with:

The Microsoft Windows CE, Pocket PC, Pocket PC 2002, or Handheld PC 2000 Operating System.
A Hitachi SH3, Hitachi SH4, MIPS-compatible, ARM or StrongARM CPU.
At least 600Kb free program memory.
At least 800Kb free storage.

Recommended:

A Handheld PC Professional or Handheld PC 2000 with:

The Microsoft Windows CE 2.11 or Handheld PC 2000 Operating System.
An ARM or StrongARM CPU.
At least 2Mb free program memory.
At least 1.5Mb free storage.

Is it possible to get Wing Commander 2 from the Kilrathi Saga onto a pocket PC? Might sound stupid but it is a dos game...

DyNaMiX said:
Is it possible to get Wing Commander 2 from the Kilrathi Saga onto a pocket PC? Might sound stupid but it is a dos game...

Umm, no it's not a DOS game. The KS version of WC2 won't work in DOS, period, as it uses DirectX calls to talk with system resources. That was kinda the point of updating WC1/2 to work on Win9x.

Seems somewhat pointless to rush out to buy a pocket pc just to run old games.

Life cant possibly be that boaring...is it? :D

No I had been planning to buy a pocket PC for ages and I remember reading about games on them. So while I wait for the shop to get some in stock (near my house) I am finding out as much as I can about them.

Back