wc1 base: asteroid or not?

as for the other one you mentionned the drydocks in WC4... pictures please. Pretty please with a cherry on top...

Hmm, it doesn't seem to be in the ships database and I don't have a playable WC4 at the moment. They're floating around in the "Capture Fighters" mission in the Speradon Series -- they look sort of like the lattice-work of the WC3/4-style transports.

which appears twice in wc2, one in the beginning and the one spirit blows up

There's a third: Olympus Station appears in one of the Ghorah Khar serieses.

I think its mentioned in WC2 that Caernarvon Station was very old at the beginning of WC2 (IIRC the scientist group left Caernarvon for a better, more modern station). I can take a look tonight though to make sure and get some screenies if wanted.

Bandit LOAF said:
Hmm, it doesn't seem to be in the ships database and I don't have a playable WC4 at the moment. They're floating around in the "Capture Fighters" mission in the Speradon Series -- they look sort of like the lattice-work of the WC3/4-style transports.
I think AD was working on a DVD version of WC4, so he might have the tools to send a picture of the WC4 shipyards. I remember those missions and also a movie cutscene that showed Bearcat fighters being assembled at the shipyard.

I believe the bearcats were at an assembly plant (the one we have the option to attack). The shipyards were another installation.

Hey guys, arent we forgetting something? What about Ellis?? I mean the Superbase must have at least been partially operational by that point considering how long it must have taken for them to build.

Until WC4, we didn't even know there was an Ella (not Ellis) system, let alone that there was a "superbase" built there. There's no mention anywhere of how long it took to construct, or even when construction first started. I doubt it would've been 20 years in the making, though...

Mjr. Whoopass said:
I think AD was working on a DVD version of WC4, so he might have the tools to send a picture of the WC4 shipyards. I remember those missions and also a movie cutscene that showed Bearcat fighters being assembled at the shipyard.

I remember the scene, but for some reason it just is not on the DVD.... (Add that to the list of differences between missions I guess) so the best I can do is take screenshots of the things from withing the flight engine. That hardly sounds like something you need my particular skills for.

That scene isn't what I'm referring to anyway -- I'm talking about a shipyard as a place where a capital ship docks, not a factory that builds fighters. The shipyards appear in that mission as incidental targets separate from the factory.

Ok Some screens of the Dry Dock in question:

Attachments

• Drydock.jpg
    Drydock.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Drydock3.jpg
    Drydock3.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 103
And more from in the cockpit

Attachments

• Drydock5.jpg
    Drydock5.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Drydock6.jpg
    Drydock6.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 104
And these two are interesting cause they show a Hellcat docked on top of it

Attachments

• Drydock7.jpg
    Drydock7.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Drydock4.jpg
    Drydock4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 104
AD said:
And these two are interesting cause they show a Hellcat docked on top of it
From your first set of pictures we can actually see a hellcat on one of them! Look athe the 2nd from the right second top junction and it's there in the second of the first set of pictures!!

Back