WC VG equivelent to "Choose Your Own Adventure" books.

Mjr. Whoopass

<FONT color=lightblue><B>I was going to say someth
I was just thinking about how much I liked the "choose your own adventure" books when I was a kid (books that give you two choices- you turn to different pages based upon which you choose). It's probably not a coincidence that I also like how WC games give you choices that change the plotline as well. Are there WC books that are "choose your own adventure"? Also, how would everyone else feel about this? Would you prefer the "wc canon" books be "choose your own adventure" or are you happy that they give a decisive storyline?

Well... i have to agree that having diffirent evolution in the plot, adds a new dimension in books.. but unfortunatelly, i do not know any books of that kind..

I think I can field this one. No there are not any WC books like that but there was a WC Fanfic like that that was on the Victory. Next No it is noto a coincidence and finaly I have no clue how the community would feel about this. However, many folks here are opposed to non or anti-canon, so it better coincide with WC Canon.

I used to like choose your own adventure books... like when I was 7. All I remember was that they were always poorly writen and confusing. Besides the fact that a lot of the time they cheated. example" Does character do a or b. If choose b then go to page 123. Then when you turn to page 123 is say oops wrong choice, go back to previous page.

I'm going home on break for a week, and I'm hoping to visit a battlefield or two. If you boys are good, I will take a giant picture of me holding the Wing Commander movie next to a cannon.

Don't do that, or everyone will post it every time the word is mentioned again... :D

I'm cobbling around with interactive fiction authoring programs in my sparetime, with a WC storyline in the back of my head. I wouldn't call it a project yet, I don't have enough time to really sit down and do it, but it's growing.
The whole narrative idea of WC, being able to take your influence on a story by alternatingly using your joystick skills and your intellectual judgement, is something I really like - but it's hard to transfer that feeling to another, more "intellectual" (I just know that this is the wrong word and everybody will whip me for that, but anyway), medium like Interactive Fiction.

Back