WC Versions list

Edfilho

Cry some more!
Hey LOAF,
while checking the "where to buy" section, I asked myself if there's a complete simple list of all WC games on all platforms somewhere... somthing like:

-WC1 - PC, SNES
-WC2 - PC, SNES
- WC2 - PC, 3DO, PS

etc.

If not, why don't we make one (by we I mean you)?

Sure! Here's a simple list:

Wing Commander - PC, Win95, Amiga, CD32, SNES, SegaCD, FM Towns
The Secret Missions - PC (addon), SNES, FM Towns (w/ SM2)
Super Wing Commander - 3DO, Mac
Wing Commander II - PC, Win95 (w/ WC1&3)
Wing Commander III - PC, Win95, 3DO, PSX, Mac
Wing Commander IV - PC, Win95, PSX, Mac, DVD
Wing Commander Prophecy - Win95, GBA
Wing Commander Armada - PC, FM Towns, PC98

All the rest are 'original platform only' (Academy, Privateer, etc.)

Didn't know they made so many versions for the FM Towns. How quaint...

-edit-
what is PC98? A pc running win 98?

See how cool the list idea was? =)
this list should be at the CIC somewhere in the Products area. Maybe at the backgroung section or the Where to Buy.

I wonder if a lot of the dialogue was changed meaningwise in addition to a simple translation. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of dialogue in scenes was reminicient of Macross

Didn't know you could get WC I on the CD32 or SegaCD

Yup! CD32 version is the Amiga version with 256 color graphics (instead of 32). So, rotating trainsim VDUs, except better!

The SegaCD version has full speech.

Nothing beats Super Wing Commander.

"You got......... FOUR......... Kilrathi, Maverick"
Looking forward to finally play it :) (Should be already in my hometown, but won't get there this weekend :( ). I'v recently downloaded the intro which already made me want to finally reply WC1 as Super WC :D

@ LOAF

It seems you simply know everything concerning Wing Commander. Why don't you create a history page for this site, containing the hole history of each game (production, versions, bugs, etc.). Guess it would be interesting...

Aww, heck, I learn new things about Wing Commander every day. A year and a half ago I wouldn't have been able to tell you what a PC98 was, much less that the'd released a port of Armada for it.

There's a lot out there to discover, I think.

Back