Wc universe page updated

Heh, that's some mighty cheap machinery you've got there... didn't Halcyon say something about the Hornet costing 300 million? :)

Oh, and the Free Trader is available much, much earlier than '68. We first encountered the Bonnie Heather in '55 or '56 - and even then, IIRC, it was not a new design.

I'm trying to get dates accurate but they screwed up big time, I went over the dates in privateer and WC 1, 2 & 3, they don't add up, that's the problem, Privateer is set in 2669 - the same year as wing Commander 3, how screwed is that! seeing as righteous fire takes place 1 year later in 2670 yet there is no mention of the Kilrathi homeworld getting blown up, and there are still Kilrathi aggressors, also there are no ships from wc3 present.

Yeah? Why would there be any different ships in that sector? Almost all of the ships from WC1-3 were around simultaneously... (except those that were noted as new)

Also, Kilrathi aggressors continued to attack... see False Colors.

TC

I know that but when you talked to bartenders in Righteous Fire, what they said had changed but, they still continued to talk about the progress of the war, by the way where was all the talk of the stiletto being from the morningstar project coming from? there's nothing in the privateer manual about it and I hve a printed off copy right here in front of me.

Originally posted by Darkmage
I'm trying to get dates accurate but they screwed up big time, I went over the dates in privateer and WC 1, 2 & 3, they don't add up, that's the problem, Privateer is set in 2669 - the same year as wing Commander 3, how screwed is that! seeing as righteous fire takes place 1 year later in 2670 yet there is no mention of the Kilrathi homeworld getting blown up, and there are still Kilrathi aggressors, also there are no ships from wc3 present.
While it's pretty generally accepted that RF takes place in '69 in spite of what the intro implies, I really don't see what the problem is. It's not like RF introduces any new ships. And why would there be WC3 ships? It's not like every European Theatre plane was present in the Pacific Theatre.

The Stilleto-Morningstar talk - yes, that was someone being stupid. Apparently, when two ships have a remotely similar wing shape, they must be related :).

all well , it doesn't really matter, we might not have a date system any way, i have had some ideas about it but how should time progress? 1 week per mission, 3 weeks, an hour, what?

Earliest years and (where known) costs...

Tarsus = 2639
Orion = 2669, 75,000
Galaxy = 2669, 150,000
Drayman = 2654
Diligent = 2654
Talon = 2659
Hornet = 2634, 250,000,000
Stiletto = 2669
Ferret = 2638
Epee = 2654
Arrow = 2654
Banshee = 2669
Scimitar = 2527, 250,000,000
Gladius = 2669
Centurion = 2669
Rapier II = 2654, 250,000,000
Hellcat V = 2654
Raptor = 2634, 250,000,000
Sabre = 2634
Vindicator = 2673
Thunderbolt VII = 2668
Broadsword = 2633
Avenger = 2654
Longbow = 2654
Rapier = 2536
Crossbow = 2667
Morningstar = 2667
Excalibur = 2669

It's also kind of rediculous to think that the black market could obtain Morningstars and Excaliburs -- given the fact that the Imperial supported Mandarin movement couldn't get a Morningstar, and that, in 2669, Confed had only four squadrons of Excaliburs.

Actually I think whoever that was was really screwed, the stiletto resembles the sabre more than the morningstar and even that's pretty far off, I would have thoughtn though that there would have been at least one ship from wc3 in there.. though I t does tie-in it has a gladius which armada has, armada also has the arrow from wc3, it sort of ties in doesn't it? In some ways the existence of privateer is going to be a hinderance, it means that while we could randomly generate all the other systems so long as their jump points are all in there with Gemini systems, we have to hand code each and every one. :(

allow me to explain something WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO GET THAT MUCH MONEY!!!!!!!!
Ship prices were made as low as they were so that people could actually fly fighters after earning money, average mission pays 10,000 credits you aren't goint to earn 250,000,000 credits without flying 25,000 missions!
Black Market ships are either stolen, or the plans for the ships were stolen, it will be done this way because too many people want the ships, and seeing as you aren't a confed pilot there's no way in hell you will get to fly those ships otherwise.
woah! wow! I just messed with vega strike a bit, you can make the background mages anyhing you want! any size as well!

[Edited by Darkmage on 04-22-2001 at 07:50]

Erm, 2669-10=2659... spluh <G>

Anyway, the *point* of MilSpec ships is that they're far superior to the stuff available to civilians... which is *why* they're so expensive.

I know that it was a typo, ok? I found with Vega strike any back ground will work as long as it's a multiple of 256 ie
256 x 256, 512 x 512, 1024 x 1024. design six images top, down, left, right, front, & back, and you have just made a sector, who wants to give it a go?

Can we stop going over covered ground, I know how much milspec ships cost, but that's how it's going to be so live with it, if it really pisses you off so much I'll make a special version of Wing Commander Universe just for you, a version where you can't afford any ships because you use realistic prices!

I'm just saying that civilians should fly civilian fighters -- it's not the *Wing Commander* Universe if they don't. ;)

Ok how's this then, that would be crap. Everyone I've spoken too wants to fly Wing Commander ships from the first 3 games, I was sure there was a mention somewhere in Wing Commander about people being ableto own military ships. In either event owning an excalibur while it may be the best ship in Wing Commander Universe, it does have draw backs, Any confed craft who see you will open fire, as they will detect you are flying a stolen craft. the sam goes for all black market craft, confed or Kilrathi.

I don't really have time or ambition to help you, but I could make you a decent website, because the recent one is far from spectacular...

Back