WC Universe map?

bw_dave

Spaceman
Just another newbie question ... I've noticed some people mentioning a map of the WC universe. I saw a picture of one somewhere on a site too. Does this come with one of the games? (I only have WC3, privateer, and WCP Gold, although most of the others are in the mail :) )

Basically - where could I get one?

I have Prophesy Gold, and I have never seen a map, so I assume that it was never in PG, unless it was a file on one of the disks that I just missed.

I think it depends on where you bought it. I got Prophecy nearly when it first came out, being in Australia, it was the Singapore version. No map. Grrrr...

Lucky you who has the map...

:(

I bought the Ultimate Sci-fi seres (WCP + Blade Runner + Dune 2000) and of course the first being my favorite...

I DIDN'T EVEN RECEIVE ANY ICIS MANUAL!!!!

_DUH_

-Arvin

I'm interested in these Singapore versions of the games -- anybody know which games were released through EA there?

Well I have a copy of WCP and WCP: Gold, and they are both from Singapore. I live in Australia.

Not all games we get are made in Singapore though :) My WCIII is the US version.

Dave, same here. I'm from Perth and my copy was assembled in Singapore. I have no map but I do have an electronic copy I downloaded from somewhere ages ago.

I believe our version is 'For sale in Australia, New Zealand and South Asia only.'

Never noticed it was from Singapore until you mentioned it...

Grr, I bought the Ausria, New Zealand and South Asia version here in Germany, then asked a friend of mine to buy WCP Gold in New York (his father is a pilot). So I got the versions without maps, that is incredible.

Guys, chill!!

Go on ebay... lately you can find BRAND NEW copies of WC Prophecy for less than $10.00!!!

I got mine two days ago, and it had ALL the manuals, including the famous MAP...

There's this guy called jaeoh on ebay who'se selling another two copies... (no he's not my friend and I'm not advertising for him... it just happens that it was from him that I got my brand new copy for $8.99...) :):cool:

So I guess it is time to register at ebay...
BTW I remember someone saying that he owns P1/P2 maps. I assumed this means Privateer 1/2. Are there offical maps for these games? (Except the ones in the game)

There was a nav-point map for Priv2 included in the US release and as a poster in the hintbook. There was no Privateer 1 map (except the Gemini maps in the playtesters guide).

It is horrible that you miss so much in Europe :( .
Although a P2 map is not sooo interesting.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 03-02-2001 at 16:20]

Regarding the Singapore versions, I know for certain that KSaga and WCP had Singapore versions. I also bought WC4 and P2 Deluxe in Singapore, but I'm not sure which versions they were. I don't have the boxes with me (indeed, I don't have P2 at all with me), so I can't check.

Regarding the WCP map, apparently it was also included in the Polish version of WCP. I remember being very irritated when a friend told me that... but then, he had to suffer with lousy Polish translations of the manuals. ;)

I got a Polish version... not much to speak of though. No map, the box is piss poor, the manuals are crappy...:( at least the CD's look better than in the US version.

You could just call osi custimer service

This will definetly work if your american. Just call Origin and ask for the map, that's what I did and they sent it out to me for free, I had prophecy gold edition which has the deluxe manual, but doesn't have the map. So now I own both and didn't have to pay a dime for the map.

[Edited by Valiento on 03-03-2001 at 13:52]

...which makes at least three of us living in Canada on this chat (TC's the third, you can tell from his sig... :))

Back