WC:T Sceenshots

Tell you the truth I mostly dislike those pre_wc3 designs, but some of these shots look pretty cool! :p

Ed

Yeah, as with most of the other models in this thread, the proportions are sort of caricaturized. Fortunately they don't look bad in-game, but the model-viewer stuff makes the odd bits apparent.

well, its not so much that the ships are charicatures...his capital ships absolutely rock hardcore (i personally dislike the textures though) but the fighters are just...well, plain awful. even with so limited an amount of polygons you can still do some really kick ass things with the geometry to make them look all kick ass without being over the (i think he said and i'm to lazy to scroll up) 1000 tri limit. and even then, you *could* fudge that and bump it up to 1500, maybe even as high as 2k. but, if you absolutely have to.....1000 is perfectly do-able. i dunno why there is a huge discrepency between figther and capital ship detail and looks. kind of baffles me really. if its just a 'well, you don't see them anyway' type deal....thats pretty lame, IMO. but hey. you're mod. again, really great work on the capital ships. now bring those fighters up to par and all will be right with the world :)

most fighters are well below 1000 poly, more around 5-700.
if you've played nexus you know the game can slow down with a lot of action on screen. if you have all or most ships launching clouds of fighters, you'll get just that. this is why i try to keep poly counts low.
anyways, i got some new screens for you.

one is a raptor, docking on the claw's starboard hangar. second shows the new kilrathi heavy fighter, the hriss.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 181
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 181
Once again, those are pretty fun looking shots, but that's a pretty oddly shaped Exeter.

Once again about poligon. I'm testing this engine in 150 Rapiers*150 Dralthi. Both model in 500-1000 poligon's range, with 4 capship in 2500*5000 poligon's. I increase and decrease poligon on rapier and dralthi in 100-1000 range, but it no effect on game speed. Slow down is increase when fighter open fire and computer visualisation hit effect. In this experiment i find the answer - number of POLIGONS is no critical - critical is number of OBJECT.

And about GUI Icons of capship and fighters. It must be created with Alpha-channel *.tga, and alpha-channel is black&white mask of ship. Black is transparance zone. It make is a transparant GUI icons (no black square - jast a ship, like in game); I hope - i write this correct on this languitch :)

ok, got some more screens:

first one shows the kilrathi bomber, the grikath, and secons shows the heavy plasma cannon, an alternative the the neutron turrets

beautiful - i have to admit i donwloaded the demo of nexus - and i cudnt really get anywhere - im not exactly brilliant at those type of games :p - im tempted to buy it just for this mod now :)

Back