WC:T Dralti mk2

strikers is a great model, but it isn't accurate. the only accurate sources, are the ones fromt he games...and claw marks. and i guess if you want to combine the WCATV bengal and the WC1 bengal...that can work.

well, the wc1 bengal has the same protrusions left and right of the bridge tower(not the little wings on the tower, but below), so if the cartoon claw starts fighters from there, why shouldn't the wc1 one?

apart from that, and that is what started the whole discussion, there aren't any sources that show sufficient detail for a modern graphicsengine and are canon. i'm not talking about the general outline. i'm talking about tubings, extra armor plates, engine intakes, stuff like that. you need such detail to make a credible mesh, and claw mark won't give it. so you make it up.

i wanted to demonstrate that i'm not some ass who just says 'its not good' without showing that i can step up to the plate and put my money where my mouth is. now, as RAT said in the other post...the effects i'm pretty sure are whats the killer. either way. here's a dralthi i did up, took about an hour or so to model. tri count is visible. so, its possible to do a canon dralthi well under 1000, and i'm sure if i went in and did some more tweaking, i could get it down to under 700. i didnt mess with the smoothing groups really, so forgive the wierdness in some areas.

/>
lowresdralthi3ip.jpg

To BradMick
And whot's? Sorry, but i dont understand realy thing of this post (Truble whith translate). This model is REALY GOOD. BUT!!! if yor launch a 150 fighter and whont see all of them - you looking like god on ant. "Black sun" engine (game graphik engine) is lowrasing number of poligon automatik, when objekt is so far from camera. And no problem whith poligon overloaded. BUT it try to visualisate all effects of weapon firing and hit. Consiquently number of objeckt highly increased when fighter firin like chaingun. And thet slowdown the computer :)

Chevieblazer said:
well, in the cartoons, the fighters start from the smaller wing(grey one in the pic) and the lauch tubes i put where they were on maj. strikers high poly model. that might or might not be accurate, but since they're not on the CM drawing or the sprite,i guess it doesn't matter, really

Yeah, hope that didn't screw you up Chevie but my model is not accurate at all...it wasn't meant to be. It was a model of a bengal refitted...not supposed to be the original design. Maybe someday I will do the original Bengal but right now other things occupy my time.

never thought it was ,striker. i just took it as an inspiration.
@ brad:
this is a pretty nice model.
the point about the dralti's un-canon-ness, however, was a differnt one: it has gattling mass drivers to be a better match to the rapier, since there will be no scimitar to match it agains(maybe for a militia later, but not for the csf).
and 2 standard mass drivers vs 2 neutron cannon and 2 lasers isn't really fair. the dralti's strength lies in its missiles, and we can't have afighter with 3 different kinds of missiles on board.
also, i don't really buy the idea of the d2 looking EXACTLY like the d1

the Dralthi II only got uprated arms. Twin Mass Drivers from Twin Lasers. i'm sure there were other little things too, like the Differences between a Spit MK.I and subsequent variants. Better engine, better armerment...etc. Same plane with only very minor alterations, not huge sweeping changes to the existing airframe.

And just because you don't 'buy it' doesn't mean you should run off and ignore what is already there and grab the first fan mesh you find that claims to be a Dralthi II. Bad way of doing business.

xdralthi.jpg

this is the Privateer Dralthi, which is also the Super Wing Commander Dralthi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some info:
Dralthi from Privateer remake is not imported to nexus - to more poligon :) I'm try it.
But form.... look at the modern aircraft like russian MIG-21 (MIG-21M, MIG-21B) ore USA F-5 (F-5E, F-5j): it have some more visual different when it created fore north region ore fore asian, fore the intercept ore fore the ground attak... May be there Dralthi fore deep strike ore patrol ore spy (gemini sektor) but in WC2 is a intercept mode.

mig21??? i thought that was from the 60ties what about the su 37?(the stealth one)
and it doesn't really look like a dralti, though its wings point forward

Aaa....
I compare 2 craft with associate line of modification in real and in the game.
And Su-37 is no stealth, it's just a navi Su-33. (there is a jast modifikation - flexible wing and devices fore landing on carrier)

Back