WC sourcecode

Darkmage

Vice Admiral
ok, we've all seen the results of the WCESCRP, hehehe as to be expected it failed miserably.... I've been wondering though, would it be possible to get origin to release the source not to the general public, since that's against their policy... but to a small group of programmers, even if they had to sign confidentiality agreements. The coders could work on the source, create patches for various wc games, such as porting privateer/armada to windows, adding higher resolutions to wc3/4 etc. Origin, could then sell the patches for money at a reasonable price, say at $10.00 a patch, or sell patched versions of the game for full price of say $49.00 for a full game. It's not the favourite method of everyone which would be to have WC go opensource... but at least it WOULD get us the patches we want. Is anyone interested in this idea? would they be interested in joining the programming group?

ROFLMAO! we are working on the mod already, it's progressing along well, I am now moving into mission design/base artwork/cockpits, once that's done, there'll be more engine artwork, sounds, and tweaking of stats.the reason there is no webpage with tons of detailed info on the mod is simple, no time to get one made or bother maintaining it. it's just not important enough. I've done most of the mod myself, and i figure if barely anyone else is going to help me, I shouldn't need to put up a page and be all fancy since I don't NEED much public recognition to make the mod

They won't release the port of Armada to Windows that they already have... why would they release code to let others do it?

Originally posted by Darkmage
the armada patch is flawed anyway, it doesn't have working multiplayer.

??? All armada version I know of (original, patched and PG) have working multiplayer.

BTW: Origin/EA probably don't even have the sources anymore for most of the WC games.

Back