WC Ship Designer

Concordia

Swabbie
Banned
I put some thought into Capt. Sylvester's "Capship Designer" post. His idea is good, but it needs to include fighters and other such vehicles that appear in Wing Commander. Since fighters, bombers, small ships and shuttles play a role in WC, they should be considered in a WC-Designer.

The designer must be able to create and edit all the things necessary in a WC Game. I previously stated what needed to be creatable and editable in a WC Ship Designer.

Here are the items needed to make such a ship-designing program work.

BASICS
Bolts (Energy Weapons)
Projectiles (Mass-Driver and Stormfire Rounds, Bullets, etc.)
Guns (The devices which fire the bolts and projectiles)
Rockets (Self-propelled, un-guided weapons)
Missiles (Self-Propelled, guided-weapons)
Decoys (devices designed to fool guidance systems, such as missiles)
Torpedoes (Large, self-propelled, guided, phase-shield penetrating missiles)

STRUCTURES
Ejection Pods (Capsules which contain a pilot who has ejected from his spacecraft)
Missile Tubes (Tubes designed to launch missiles)
Torpedo Tubes (Tubes designed to launch torpedoes)
Gun-Turrets (Moveable structures where guns are fitted mounted on barbettes to enable them to rotate)
Missile-Turrets (Moveable structures where missiles are launched from, mounted on barbettes to enable them to rotate)

ADVANCED
Drones (Un-manned spacecraft designed for the purpose of target-practice or engaging and destroying other spacecraft)
Fighters (Manned-spacecraft with crews generally between 1-4 designed for the purpose of engaging and destroying other fighters or capital ships)
Small Ships (Small spacefaring vessels with crews of at least two and usually more, with adequate living spaces, designed for prolonged space-flight)
Large Ships (Large spacefaring vessels designed for prolonged space-flight
Capital Ships (Large jump-capable, space-faring vessels of at least 80 meters and at least several hundred metric tonnes. Turrets are common, and almost a requirement).

In my next few replies, I will elaborate on these things, and list in more detail what options should be available.

-Concordia

Back