WC secret ops : glide problem

HypnotiseR

Spaceman
After a long search period finally downloaded secret ops...my machine is an AMD 2000+ with 256 ddr ram and a g-force 5200 installed...I use XP SP2..when i try to run the game it says
"This application has failed to start because glide2x.dll was not found.re-installing the application may fix this problem."
i think this .dll file is about 3dFX which we don't use any more..what am I gonna do to make secret ops work???

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I'm sure theres also a few fixes out there but cant remember the site off-hand. Also you trying to run 32bit? That tends to crap itself more often than not, just run it in 16bit.

how can i do that? should i change the configs for direct x??

if there is any patch can you name it so i can search for it?? thx a lot..

HypnotiseR said:
"This application has failed to start because glide2x.dll was not found.re-installing the application may fix this problem."
i think this .dll file is about 3dFX which we don't use any more..what am I gonna do to make secret ops work???

Besides that there are very excellent Glide Emulators out there, this error should be gone when you activate Win9X compatibility for SO IIRC (on the main game file, NOT only for the launcher).

I moved the files to another PC people thx for the support..by the way KrisV, i needed an answer quickly that's why i wrote that..no need to tell me to be patient..mind your own business..

HypnotiseR said:
I moved the files to another PC people thx for the support..by the way KrisV, i needed an answer quickly that's why i wrote that..no need to tell me to be patient..mind your own business..

Kris' business is moderating the forums. Your "Can you hEAr ME?!" post was rude and annoying. If you need something more quickly, you can check for help on IRC. Posting worthless messages like that will make everyone mad and delay any help you might get.

This was one of the problems I have been experiencing with Secret Ops. I am a little confused with what everyone is saying but is there something which could be done I am having problems left right and center

I can't understand how would playing a game be urgent enough to justify being rude to the best tech support forum for any pre-winxp (let alone pre windows gaming) game.
I hope you got your problem fixed, tough.

If you make a shortcut to the install file and set it compatible to Win 98 and than make a shortcut to the game executable it will work just peachy...
General Kael

oops also make the shortcut to the game exe set to Win 98

Solution

http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/

Download this glide emulator and play wcp or probably soperat. without problem.
I know i do . This software is great .No need for my old machine with voodoo card for nice fog and other effects that wcp support for glide.
D3D sucks in this game.

Back