WC Secret Mission 2 kilrathi saga on win 7?

webe123

Rear Admiral
For some reason, I can get my wing commander kilrathi saga version of secret missions 1 to play absolutely perfect on windows 7 ultimate (32 bit)...

HOWEVER....when I try to run secret missions 2, all I get is a black screen.

I am using the mincemeat wing commander superpatch, which seems to have fixed all of my problems except this one...I can even play WC 2 without a hitch on win 7 with this patch.

So what gives with kilrathi saga secret missions 1 working perfectly on win 7 and secret missions 2 just showing a black screen??? I don't get it. You would THINK since one worked the other would also. but I had the 1 and 2 combination that I installed and that did not work on SM 2...but 1 played fine, so I uninstalled that version and installed back WC 1 and just installed secret missions 2 only, but that did not work either! Strange.

EDIT: Just tried WC 2 special operations 1 and 2 and they do not work either...though THIS time they simply kick me out to win 7.

Wing1 and SM1 use thesame executable file.
SM2 uses a different one.
SO1 and SO2 also use different executable files from WC2,
I do not know how this translated over to KS, but this would seem a logical place to start.

I'm not very familiar with how Windows 7 deals with its compatibility mode stuff, but in general it can be helpful to go and make sure compatibility it set on these actual expansion .exes. Running the games from the Kilrathi Saga main menu launcher will not extend compatibility mode settings all the way to these secondary executables.

Back