WC Saga

citizen-matt

Spaceman
I was wondering how many people owned the Wing Commander Saga bundle? To those that do I envy you a great deal. I have been trying to grab a copy for quite awhile and bid on eBay to no avail (the final price was around $211 Cdn.) Anyways, just wondering how many actually owned the saga bundle and if they knew of anywhere that it could be purchased, either online or in a store. Thanks.

Unfortunately, not many copies were made -- people who didn't buy it when it came out (and that was very, very few people) are generally out of luck... try second hand shops.

Now here's my schpiel: unless you really, really want the updated manual, Kilrathi Saga is fairly worthless -- they're *bad* conversions to Windows 95. It's *cheaper* to buy an entire 386 or a 486 and play the old games on it... and they're not bad conversions (especially KS WC2, which is really really bad... missing graphics, missing music, etc.). Not worth the hundreds it goes for on eBay.

And yet theres people like me who want it since its one of the more expensive WC items.

More expensive perhaps, but it's true value certainly can't hold a candle to the wing commander hat :D .

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
(especially KS WC2, which is really really bad... missing graphics, missing music, etc.)

I knew about the music, but are there graphics missing too? I never noticed that...

--Eder

Originally posted by Dekkar
More expensive perhaps, but it's true value certainly can't hold a candle to the wing commander hat

What about my Wing Commander hat? :(

I want a Wing Commander hat! When I first got WC1 there was no hat offer inside and I was SOOO angry! I still can't find one!

Those hats are now one of the hardest WC items you could possibly search for.

LOAF has the WC1 mail-away-offer hat. I have a WC Movie SFX-Crew Hat.

So, go bother LOAF... ;)

Back