WC Saga Unveils New Website And Trailer (October 6, 2005)

BrynS said:
I don't quite understand what you're saying here. Are you saying that when you were cleaning up the voices from the DV master that you didn't really notice the echo in the green screen studio?
Sorry I wasnt clearer, I was talking about weird green screen effect you get surrounding the edges of the actors. In the version I was working from it seemed much smoother.

As for the echo I had to experiment a lot with EQ, and compressors. There was also this digital crackle that thankfully an audio restoration plugin was able to eliminate.

Ed

cff said:
Regarding the MPEG2 stream. Windows Media Player does play it fine IF and ONLY IF you have some sort of DVD Software player (like PowerDVD) installed.
Why do some people keep saying this? I have Power DVD, and I even downloaded the mpeg2 codec just to be sure, but my PC still cant play it. :)

@BrynS
Thanks for hosting it. I will ask Towlyn to put the links an our website also or just to upload it to the others on our server.

@cff
I think the problem isn't the software but my inexperiance with greenscreen and the not so very good greenscreen studio.
One problem was that the cloths and skin of the actors also got a little green in it.
Then the studio should have a better lightning of the greenscreen. It wasn't lightend even.
I know that the stuff isn't that good looking and I would liked to had more time for doing that...preparing myself better but that was the best I could do in this situation.

What surprises me is to see so many people with knowledge about all of this. Are some of you working in this direction?

film was a major of mine in college for a time, so i've got a little experience, and then as part of my Maya course i took i learned Combustion and had to rotoscope and deal with Green Screen for a Lightsabre duel.

its always been a long held dream to make a film, unfortunately my college sucks and the film aspect of what i was doing died, largely because the original operator of the department left and the new lady was like 'no more films...only documentaries'. at that point everyone jumped ship, and i finally was like...well, screw this.

and i just want to say again...this thing kicked serious ass!

@BradMick
So got someone to ask when I got problems with Maya ^_^
Well its still in the stars if our Maya part will finaly happen. The original lecturers wife got serious ill and so he isn't avaible and we have no one to replace him.

But from what I hear it sound similar to what I have done...maybe a little bit more into the depth since you seam to have concentrated one some single programs while we have done a wide spread of programs.

About the directer of a school...it our school its so that the directer is original an audio guy and so the audio part of our school gets much more money in form of equipment then the Film and Animation part.

About making a film...what kind of film? A short movie or the complete 2 hour cinema movie?
I don't know how it is where you life but in germany we have something like a film support for smaller, indepentent or new moviemakes. They support people more or less if you can prove that you have some qualifications and so.
Maybe you can find a small crew and do at least a small movie..maybe some other WC trailer or shortfilm.

Edx said:
Why do some people keep saying this? I have Power DVD, and I even downloaded the mpeg2 codec just to be sure, but my PC still cant play it. :)

Then the problem's probably you.

What's there to 'huh' about? If everyone else seems to be able to play it after installing the codec that the video was encoded in, there's probably some other problem, conflict or corruption with your system.

gevatter Lars said:
I think the problem isn't the software but my inexperiance with greenscreen and the not so very good greenscreen studio.
One problem was that the cloths and skin of the actors also got a little green in it.
Then the studio should have a better lightning of the greenscreen. It wasn't lightend even.

This migth all be right. However in this case I'd expect some parts of the heads and the uniforms to 'turn' background. However the edges should still be somewhat smooth. Which they clearly aren't they look like they are 10 times more compressed then the rest. I'd expect a different kind of error for bad lightning as we see.

But, answering your question, I do not really have any experience at all in the field. Its just some self educated knowledge with video cutting, DVD authoring,...

ChrisReid said:
If everyone else seems to be able to play it .
Well I know others that have trouble playing but if you say so, I dont want to start a fight over something so trivial.

Yeah, it was never meant to be anything of the sort. Good job making a big deal out of nothing.

No real persons are planed at the moment...sorry.
This was just my school project and we don't have the resources to do movies like that for the game...not at the moment.
On the other hand this little experiment showed what can be done....so maybe not Saga but other projects that concentrate more on the filming aspect may be seen in the future.

Back