WC Saga -- Probs with sound :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex

Spaceman
I used to have a full-copy version, so I feel I can get away with this;

I downloaded this. Yes, yes, I know. But I *DID* own it first, so I feel that I am not actually breaking the law and/or going to hell. Point being:

The version from The Underdogs has some confusing shit. ie, unpacking the audio files. My dad took care of this the first time -- I was but a cheeld -- so I don't know if you had to do this in the "official" version; How can I get sound to work?

If I run WCSaga, I get the nice little movie, which excites my friend because he think's it's some new WC game he hasn't heard about. Then, I get the menu. This is all in Win ME, by the way. I'm not backward, I just didn't want to lose *complete* compatibility with all my old games. So, it asks me to install the music files, or "install this Addon" or whatever. So I do. It goes into crawfish or sawcrab or whatever, which unpacks the music.

It then sits there.

And sits there.

The menu doesn't go on, and the box (DOS) doesn't say it's done, but sits there after printing out "Crawfish" or whatever after unpacking the files. I get bored, and quit it, and try to play the game, but to no avail :(

Another bugger is that WC 1 works on my computer, but sometimes WC II won't fly -- on the Work machine the exact opposite is true :p

I'll figure that bit out.

Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back