WC Prophecy Lagging Problems

Fireclaws

Spaceman
When I play WC Prophecy, it will lag while flying around... ie... when I try to move the reticle smoothly with the flight of an enemy, the reticle will jump from point to point. Visibly, it locks up, but then will continue and place me where I would be as if it never happened.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!
My computer system exceeds recommended requirements. I've already got the latest video, audio drivers.... Please help ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fireclaws

lagging problems

I'm running it on Windows 98 2nd edition,
sound card:Diamond Monster MX400
video card:Diamond Viper V770 Ultra
video mode:Direct3D

Thanks!

Fireclaws

Lagging Problems

Ok... two things...

It didn't fix the lagging problem for one...
TWO is a question... the description for the directx update patch says that it will enable Lens Flares????? In Direct 3D mode???? Well, after installing the patch, it didn't have lens flares either.... What else can I do?

Fireclaws

Lagging Problems

Oops... scratch last post.
Lens Flares WORK!

But... the game still lags very badly.
It's not bad all the time, just when there's a lot of action goin on. When it's slower... it still lags.. but not as bad.

lagging problems

I've uninstalled it, ran scandisk, defragged, then reinstalled, put patch on.... runs considerably smoother, but does still occasionally lag, just not as often...

Fireclaws

Lagging Problems

I am using...
Joystick - Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2
Mouse - Microsoft Intellipoint w/wheel

umm... the joystick is on a USB, if that would do anything, but I don't think it would, it has plenty of Mhz, and RAM...

What do you think?
Thanks.

Fireclaws

lagging problems

Reinstalled DX8....

to no avail. It runs smoother when fighting just fighters and stuff, but when there's a cap ship anywhere, it's choppy.

Isn't this just a fun issue? :)

Fireclaws

Lagging Problems

Well, does anyone have any other ideas concerning this matter? Give in your few cents and we'll see if it works! :)

Fireclaws

Lagging Problems

Direct Sound Safe Mode? I have not tried that. Where do I enable that? In the game? or in the Audio Controls for the board?

Fireclaws

There should be a "Monster Sound" icon on your taskbar. If so, double click it, then go to the "Preference" tab and check "Enable Direct Sound Safe Mode". Restart the system.

It sounds to me like it could be one of two things:

Not enough (or slow) memory
Processor not fast enough for your video card
Slow video card
or
Not enough memory on the video card

You might also want to take a look at your DirectX settings in the DX diagnostics tool. Go to the Run feature on the start menu and type in "dxdiag" without the quotes.

Short of that, you'll have to set your game to software mode, or just put up with the lag.

Very strange. Since I don't use a Diamond Monster sound card myself I'm not sure why this icon isn't there.

Isn't there a utility program installed that you use to configure your card?

Lagging Problems

256 MB 133 Mhz
500 Mhz Processor
32 MB 4xAGP Video Card
... I don't think any of those would cause any problems. They're all very nice.

DXDIAG... no problems. Ran all tests. Everything runs smoothly.

Fireclaws

Back