WC Prophecy: Controller ReMapping?

chumps

Spaceman
Hey there, I'm new here even tho I'm not new to the Wing Commander Series.
I startet in the early 90's with WC1 and played every WC game in the 90's.
After a few years on consoles I recently got a new PC, bought the WC games again at gog, and installed them all.
Now I'm trying to configurate my controller to every game.

My problem: I use a controller (XBox Elite) to play WC - in WC:prophecy but almost all buttons are automatically mapped to look around (look left/up/right/back etc). I know there's now way to change the buttons ingame but are there any files or something I could edit/change to remap the buttons or remove functions?

btw. before you tell me to use a remapper software: I already have one but I'd like to use at least the left analog stick w/o remapper because it's native function is much more precise (than remapping it to keyboard)

Sorry for english, I'd like to say I'm drunk but truth is: I haven't spoken english for a while. ;)

Nevermind.. sometimes I should deal with the programs I use. I checked some functions of my remapper software and it's able to mute (unmap) the native controller button and to replace it with another function. So now I can use the left stick (native) and other buttons remapped.
Sorry for the thread and the post here. Can be closed I think.

Nevermind.. sometimes I should deal with the programs I use. I checked some functions of my remapper software and it's able to mute (unmap) the native controller button and to replace it with another function. So now I can use the left stick (native) and other buttons remapped.
Sorry for the thread and the post here. Can be closed I think.
There's no need to apologize. And were here - if for nothing else - to help out fans enjoy their WC games. I'm glad you got it working. At the very least someone might see it and realize their own solution so it's never for nothing.

Back