WC Prophecy: can't switch Nav points

U

Unregistered

Hi,
there is a mission in WCP where you need to switch Nav points (technically you ought to be able to do this always) - but my nav map just will not remember the last eselected nav point when I exit it! I had to fly to that Nav point by hand (took half an hour) and then fortunately didn't die. Still, has this happened to anyone else? Is ther anything to fix this?
Thanks,
Jan

Selecting Nav points

Haven't tried the right-click technique yet (I think I tried all kinds of clicks during the game and none of them worked) - isn't there a way to select a new nav points destination by keyboard? I do get the display of the Nav point I want in the field beneath the Nav map - but when I exit that, my ship computer still wants to fly me to the old Nav point. Will try the right-click technique again though.
Could it be a file that is write protected and isn't supposed to be? Some programs just won't give you error messages on that.
Jan

Unregistered said:
Could it be a file that is write protected and isn't supposed to be? Some programs just won't give you error messages on that.
Jan

No, you're not really writing to files when you're selecting nav points.. All that stuff is just minor changes in RAM. I'm pretty sure it's just right-clicking. I recall it being a common question back in the day. There's no problem here.

I think hitting RETURN/ENTER on a nav-point should select it as well. I don't recall how to select the nav point beforehand without a mouse however.

And no - this isn't a bug, it is a design decision. You can explore the details of stuff on the nav-map by left clicking on it without changing your targets and you select them by right clicking.

Back