WC:Privateer poblems ... HELP

K

Kaczor

I've played privateer lots of times long time ago on my 486Dx2 ... I have now winXP and to run the game I've installed dos 6.22 ... the game is runing but with no sound ... when i unrem sound blaster drivers in autoexec.bat in dos the game is just hanging at the begining without any onscreen inscription ... when i rem the sound blaster from autoexec the game is runing ... but witm no soud ... I have SB128 PC and it is working with other dos games like serfcity or death rally. help me ... I have tried everything with memory i dos and sound configurations in privateer but everytime when in autoexec is sound blaster loeded game hands at sturtup ... plese help me if U can ...

me again

i've just registerd my self ...
and still have that problem ... help
Amy conf is
AUTOEXEC.BAT:

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H7 P330 T6
SET SBPCI=C:\DOS\SB128
LH C:\DOS\SB128\SBLOAD
LH C:\DOS\SB128\SBINIT.COM
C:\DOS\SMARTDRV.EXE /X
@ECHO OFF
PROMPT $p$g
PATH C:\DOS;C:\NC
SET TEMP=C:\DOS
MODE CON CODEPAGE PREPARE=((852) C:\DOS\EGA.CPI)
MODE CON CODEPAGE SELECT=852
KEYB PL,,C:\DOS\KEYBOARD.SYS

CONFIG.SYS:
DEVICE=C:\DOS\SETVER.EXE
DEVICE=C:\DOS\HIMEM.SYS
DOS=HIGH
COUNTRY=048,,C:\DOS\COUNTRY.SYS
DEVICE=C:\DOS\DISPLAY.SYS CON=(EGA,,1)
FILES=30
DEVICE=C:\DOS\EMM386.EXE 16384 RAM D=64 FRAME=E000 /I=B000-B7FF

Does the game work if you load the SB drivers, but pick no sound and no music in the setup? Does it work with only FX? Does it work with only music?
Did you try to remove the "D=64 FRAME=E000 /I=B000-B7FF" part from oyur EMM386 line?

it is not working with no sound either ... only when I remove SB from autoexec ... only then it is working ... but with no sound of course :(

remowing "D=64 FRAME=E000 /I=B000-B7FF" gives nothing ... situation still the same ...

Had the same problem

Fixed it by removing the line that configured emm386.exe. Just put a rem in it and see how you go. So no emm386.exe running at all. Still run himem tho

Back