WC Novels?

I'd wager it does. He could write all the Wing Commander novels he wants, but without a publisher they'd never see the light of day.

------------------
Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow.

For there to have been a novelization of WCP, it would have had to been ready for release about the time the game was released to the public. Now, it's too late, as the game is already 'past tense' as far as the gaming world is concerned.

And as for whether Telep could write a book, not without opening himself to a hefty lawsuit. Wing Commander and it's associated characters are trademarked by Origin. His and Forstchen's access to the WC universe only extends as far as the contract they have/had (respectively) with Origin for the specific books.

(And, technically, anyone who writes fanfic is breaking the law... it's just whether the owners of the original properties will bother to pursue legal action. Paramount (Star Trek) will, but so far Origin's shown no inclination to get anal about it.)

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 11, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? What about the novels not based on any games, don't they sell as much as the ones based on games? I don't realy think that would matter.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Sales, not matter?

For a business whose income is from selling things, they're ALL that matters, overall.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course they do, but why would the sales of Prophecy be any lower if it wasn't released when the game came out? It's mostly the WC fans that buy them anyway, would they care if it was released 3 years after Prophecy.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

It is partially marketing... When the game is released you will recognize the name of the book from the ads of the game... This recognition in a shelf of other books is what sells the most books.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

That's what this place is here for.

------------------

Back