WC Novels?

Mav505

Spaceman
I just read a post a saw a mention of WC novels. Does anyone know if they are available in the UK and if so do you know of anyone, mail order or otherwise, who stocks them

Yeah here's the list of the novles, and order which you should read them in:

Action Stations
WC Movie novel
WC Movie junior novelization
Pilgrim Stars
Freedom Flight
End Run (AFAIK you can't find it anywhere on line except E-bay.com)
Fleet Action
Heart of The Tiger
False Colors
The Price of Freedom

The novels are dirt cheap, and are almost as much fun as the games. You should get them all.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

My favorite is still Fleet Action, with End Run a close second. Forstchen sure knows how to spin out one helluva good Wing Commander adventure.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, same here. I wish Origin would make a game based on one of these two. (or both)

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

End Run would be loads of fun to play- imagine your fighter not getting repaired between each mission!
smile.gif

------------------
"He has warrior spirit. It will be the death of him." Prince Thrakhath - End Run

Cheers very much Earthworm, I'm sure I'll find them somewhere, Yahoo Auctions would probably be a good place to start I suppose

My wish:

In WCOL (not PrivOL), they give a "Battle of Terra" scenario, with your friends being able to fly in the strike forces attacking the kats.

Then again, considering all my friends fly like Maniac (solo glory-seeking hotshots), I may just pop the cockpit open in deep space with my helmet off to save myself the grief.
wink.gif

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

I' reading my mast WC novels, Pilgrim Stars. It look cool, like the one of the movie. Still... there is something nissing, the books of Forstchen are a hell of a lot better, End Run and False Colors above all.

oke, so it's like this...
Action Stations
Freedom Flight
End Run
Fleet Action
Heart of The Tiger
False Colors
The Price of Freedom

------------------
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's Wing Commander"

BTW... you published the...
WC Movie novel
WC Movie junior novelization
Pilgrim Stars
books...

maybe they want to make more WC books...

Anyone think we'll ever see a WC novel from Baen again?

------------------

It's extremely doubtful that Baen will be involved with WC books in the future. Though not slouches in the sales department, the WC novels weren't, AFAIK, exactly stellar performers.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

To bad though, I would want to see someone finish what was started in FC, maybe even a Prophecy novel based on the original script. (any chance Telep could write those after Pilgrim Truth?)

------------------

After Pilgrim Truth, I think it's going to be the end of Wing Commander in print.
frown.gif
But you'll have ten good novels to reread over and over again.
wink.gif

------------------

Eleven actualy if you count the movie junior novelization as a different than the Movie novel, and it is in some ways. It still isn't that much, I'm reading the novels for the second time, and already it's not the same because I know what's going to happen. Could Telep write more WC novels? He's writing some other ones, but there's always time for WC. What if all of us asked him very nicely, or does it depend on the publisher?

------------------

Back