Wc: Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zim

Spaceman
This has NOTHING to do with COWS :)

I wonder, wouldn't it be a marvelous idea to make a game about wing commander like:

* Masters of Orion 1|2

* Zork meets WC

I could master WC: Zork for the most part myself (I program 5 languages) but MoO would require graphics which I am not very good at (yet)

If anyone got any better ideas|suggestions, they're welcome.

TIA

Zim

Another great game you could be inspired of is Spaceward Ho!. It's a quite simple game and can only be played multiplayers, but it's really funny and does not need good graphics.
In fact it looks like Armada (you have to mine your planets and you have to follow "paths" to travel from one planet to another), without the space combat part.
Like in MoOrion, you have to develop new technologies (lasers, shield, etc) which give your fighters and capital ships points in fileds like attack, or defense. Based on that, the results of space battles are automaticaly computed.

I really think you should take a look to this game. Nevertheless, I don't know if there is a PC version : I played it on mac.

Speaking of Star Trek: Armada mods, did you guys see the 'Star Wars vs. Star Trek' mod? Awesome! Now we need 'WC vs. Star Trek et al'.

bad idea, WC vs Star wars would fare better, star trek focuses on big starships which would take out a fighter with one blow of their phasers, while dogfights are more common in star wars
X-Wing vs Hellcat yeah!:D

<Sigh>

3) Due to the near-certainty of "(something) vs (something)" threads stirring up flames/discord, especially if they involve other sci-fi universes, such threads are specifically banned.

Go play on Spacebattles. They'll tell you how Wing Commander fighters fare against Star Trek ships... and then someone will tell you the exact opposite! Oh, and then they'll explain how the Wing Commander Movie isn't in the same universe as the games because Tolwyn was on a Concordia, and everyone knows he was on a Concordia in Wing Commander 2!

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back