WC Mod for ST: Bridge Commander upcoming!

Okay, here it is...

http://download.wcnews.com/files/wcp/stingray.zip

I mentioned this to Ben, but for everyone else: this is a straight conversion from the original NURBS model we used for WCP. Some of the original materials didn't convert properly, so if you want to get the thing all super-spiff you'll need to recreate them - the cannon tips in particular.

Enjoy!

Oh, and this time I provided both Max and 3DS...

Yes this is very good,cool looking textures too...I can use this in my mod then?
I may make a few adjustments though..

Ok update, I have these models, but they cant be converted to the .NIF file format that Bridge Commander uses.
So im going to lower their poly count for the Bridge Commander mod,and use these for the game im working on, a friend of mine is working on a custom Graphics Engine just for space games that will due nicely,based on the .X DirectX file format and .DDS textures.

Anyway here are the pics!
All of them were rendered in 3Ds Max 8 in HD format.

P.S. Taser8 I have not gotten around to editing that model you have so kindly submitted of the stingray, when I do it will be posted here in a screeny.

Attachments

• Arrow.jpg
    Arrow.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 238
  • Dreadnought.jpg
    Dreadnought.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 245
  • Fralthi2.jpg
    Fralthi2.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 239
  • Shrike.jpg
    Shrike.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 242
  • Vesuvius.jpg
    Vesuvius.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 245
Another ship being built at my Shipyard..hah!

Its the Bearcat fighter, its going to have alot of detail, so far just a few touches and just one material assigned with Omni lighting...lots of work left to do..

Attachments

• Bearcat Weapons.jpg
    Bearcat Weapons.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 207
  • Bearcat Render.jpg
    Bearcat Render.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 221
  • Bearcat Engines.jpg
    Bearcat Engines.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 221
Ok update, I have these models, but they cant be converted to the .NIF file format that Bridge Commander uses.

Who made all of these models? The Shrike looks like Sean's original. Are the rest Zohrath?

Lawyer

If anyone has infringment questions please refer to me, Most of all the project personnel on this site are approved and in assosiation with eachother this is not a forum for herrasment and debate Thank you and have a good MOD day

Valencia, California Attorneys

Who made all of these models? The Shrike looks like Sean's original. Are the rest Zohrath?

I got them from the
Wing Commander 3D website and I have already sent emails to the correct people for their use...I will not be using any models made by other people for the final result IF my game project ends up being sold...

But I will use them for the Bridge Commander Mod, If I were to use them in my game project they will have to be redone anyway, their polys are too high.

Most of the other ships are being extracted from the original game..

If anyone has infringment questions please refer to me, Most of all the project personnel on this site are approved and in assosiation with eachother this is not a forum for herrasment and debate Thank you and have a good MOD day

Valencia, California Attorneys

Don't ever try to bullshit me with amateur crap like this.

Arrow fighter in the Alpha version of the Graphics engine, the engine still needs work but its looking good.
The engine is for my Wing Commander game project(and other SCI-FI games aswell),Nano is the nick of the guy making the engine, sorry no updates for the Bridge Commander mod yet.

Attachments

• Arrow in nanoFX GE close up back.jpg
    Arrow in nanoFX GE close up back.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Arrow in nanoFX GE close up front.jpg
    Arrow in nanoFX GE close up front.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 246
Another ship in progress, Black Lance starbase, It will have a working hanger aswell.

Attachments

• Black lance starbase update1.jpg
    Black lance starbase update1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Black Lance Starbase update 2 wireframe.jpg
    Black Lance Starbase update 2 wireframe.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Wireframe Hanger.jpg
    Wireframe Hanger.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 203
I can't say I'd recommend using my models for any game project where they'd have to be rendered in real-time since they're so poly-intensive. The arrow alone is over 75 thousand faces, making the prospects of smooth frame rates rather slim, as far as I know.

I figured I would see you post here about your models, it wont work for my purposes anyway because its high poly, but I will use it as a base for my own version since your models are very good,also some of your models seem to have animation and the file format being used for the graphics engine is DirectX .X format doesnt support it.

I was using your Arrow to test the graphics engine for my game project, the graphics engine for the game is being made to support well over 547450+ Polys,so about 50ships each 10,000 poly, the creator of the engine is working on making it higher....like 100 ships+ each 10,000poly.
The engine will also support dual core and 64bit operating systems and CPUs

And as I mentioned for the game project it wouldnt be wise to use other peoples(like yours Zohrath) models in a game that might be sellable.
I am using some of the models from the original game but im making them waaay more detailed(taking them apart piece by piece,rebuilding parts,detailing,retexturing,glows etc),when I have a demo going ill talk to EA about a final game etc.

And as I mentioned for the game project it wouldnt be wise to use other peoples(like yours Zohrath) models in a game that might be sellable.

Lets be absolutely clear: there is no way, either economically or legally, that you would ever be able to sell a Bridge Commander mod. If you are operating under the assumption that you will somehow make money putting Wing Commander ships into a Star Trek game, you have been terribly misinformed.

Once again im working on TWO projects one is a completely seprate game(I said it earlier in this thread), the other is a Bridge Commander MOD....I have placed the updates for both in this same thread.
Since not everyone can get their hands on the bridge commander game itself to use the mod, and not many are interested in it either.

So yes I wont be able to sell the mod, but the game possibly,as I said its up to EA, if they dont want to have anything to do with me or the game then it will be free to download,because Wing Commander is their thing.

The game will be using the graphics engine I mentioned above..NanoFX GE, its in the very alpha phase still,it will support the features I mentioned above aswell, so we can have massive carrier battles with fighter escourts above massive planets(like X3 reuinion or better),impressive damages and explosions,jump to all know and unknown systems,multiple endings depending on your decisions etc etc.

Completion date is unknown at this time due to only having 2 people working on it me and Nano.
The Screenshot with Zohrath's Arrow fighter was part of a test of the alpha viewer of the graphics engine(the post at this date 04-28-2007 03:58 above).

Also I mentioned this whole thing in an email to you before Bandit LOAF, about the projects I was working on..

Anything I have said before about using Zohrath's models in the final game is because they will be my template for making new ones that look like his because his models are very well done.

So yes I wont be able to sell the mod, but the game possibly,as I said its up to EA

I can tell you right now where EA is going to tell you to put that game of yours...

If you people dont have anything positive to say I would be very happy if you didnt post here.

I will Try the EA direction ANYWAY..they may or may not want to have anything to do with the game or me,but its ALOT of work for only 2 people, the goal being to beat X3 Reunion.

thanks..

Back