WC mentioned in "Sequels We'd Love to See" list

There was a thread about this, mentioned quite a while ago with these polls, which in this instance are taken from a completley different gamer website.

argh... why does everybody think there hasn't been a wing commander V already...

there have been six by my count :p

There was a thread about this, mentioned quite a while ago with these polls, which in this instance are taken from a completley different gamer website.

Huh strange, I found this link today on Slashdot: http://slashdot.org/ Ah well, no matter.
....and yeah Prophecy = WCV - and they call themselves gamers. Pffft :)

The article looks like it was just posted yesterday. Many sites have run similar polls, but I don't see what this one would be copied from.

argh... why does everybody think there hasn't been a wing commander V already...

Maybe it has something to do with the people from same site thinking the USSR was around in 1997, which they imply in their Fallout 3 section.

Its a shame that they say no sequel likely.. i guess coz space sims are not as popular nymore. I'm hoping against hope they're wrong though

I wonder if a new formula will have to be discovered in order to make space sims more popular among the masses...or if we just have to wait for the pendulum to swing back again.

I know that I'm blinded by my deep affection for the wing commander series and the genre in general, so it's often tough for me to envision what it is going to take to make the spacesim popular again; at least in the way that it was.

Hm, I have a running engine, but it seems I have a hard time getting high quality models ;)

So it will take a while untill I find a few ships to start with.

How could you miss it? The link is directly specified in the original post of this thread and the front page update.

Eazy, most traffic at my work is blocked by websense so I have to connect to the internet to vist this and most other sites via a small RDP window, and I did not see the voting pane on the right. I reinvestigated and found it. So thanks.

Back