WC Marine Corps feels discriminated!!!

Hi all,

I would just like to state that (as probably nobody has noticed) in the recent poll (which fan project is most likely to succeed) WC Marine corps was left out >( . When I informed about this I was told "We were thinking about adding WCMC to the poll, but we didn't want a participant who would only get votes from it's own crew" this is of course absurd (I hope). Even though the WCMC website hasn't been updated in a long time (It will be soon) I have almost finished design, script, storyboard, etc... Thus qualifying WCMC to be in the poll. Please respond: do you agree? disagree? or plainly don't f*cking know what WCMC is! please reply.

------------------
Go here now ---> http://www.marinecorps.co.uk

When we were looking at projects to include in the poll, we hadn't heard from you since April 8, when you wrote:
Dear Wing Commander fans,
I know you feel let down by Origin for (probably) discontinuing the Wing Commander saga, so do I. As you may or may not know I (TAFKAW) was making the half-life add-on Wing Commander Marine Corps. Quite honestly this project has been dead for some time and I have lost contact with my crew. I was just on the verge of abandoning the project when I read that Origin might discontinue the Wing Commander series. I have therefore decided to restart the project in about 8 - 10 weeks (once my exams are done). I have no idea how long the project will take to complete but I will put a (temporary) date to October 2000. This will probably take longer. I hope to help Wing Commander fans by doing this and strongly urge other fan projects to pick up their work. I hope Wing Commander fans around the globe will enjoy this (free) project once finished, and enjoy many more hours of Wing Commander as they have done untill now. If you have any questions, remarks or anything else, don't hesitate to email me at ac.noordegraaf@quicknet.nl or noord241@wx.
The time before that was January. The projects that were included are the ones that we knew were getting somewhere. First of all because they are, and also because they stay in touch with us. If you dig through our 23 months of news archives, you come across more than one project that was never heard from again, and thus was not included. Furthermore, we can't just add new items in the middle of the poll. It's technically impossible, and even if it wasn't it'd make the results inaccurate.

One last thing. If you don't write to us, and your website is out of date, how could we have known the project was still active? I have been working on improving my mind reading, but I'm just not that good at it.

[This message has been edited by KrisV (edited July 25, 2000).]

So Kris I have full support for your project so go finish exams and I'll be finishing my mid-term exams in the same and I'll be having holidays and that time you can tell or give some work sir! which can be possible to be done by me
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That's excellent Rider. But it's TAFKAW's project, not mine
smile.gif

Last edited:
Ah yes, I remember the days when TAFKAW couldn't even get someone to draw a picture of Dekker for him..
smile.gif

Sorry m8, its publically dead, I'm supposed to be updating the website for you, about 2 months ago I got a message from you asking me if I was incharge of the website (if you can't remember then its definatley TOO long between updates) and then nothing.
I really hope it gets going again though! Keep us informed (especially the people updating your website)

I have to set some things straight.

1. Rider, I'll send you a mail sometime

2. LOAF, I AM working on the project just feel silly being left out , seeing that all the games in the poll are newer then WCMC

3. Cpl Hades, Always the friendly optimist (btw. can you tell me when I asked this I don't seem to recall the incident)
confused.gif

4. Pedro, I'll give you a massive heap of data later tommorow, full charcter list, weapons, etc... (BTW M8?)

------------------

Dunno exactly. It was on the old board and that got killed January time.

Lets see WCESCRP has a whole load of signatures. Fleet Action has a whole load of converted ships. Unknown Enemy has a load of converted ships and one mission. WingED has a beta. So...what have you got other than a website which lists intentions and a few sketches? Are these "dexter" and "nowhere man" guys even around any more?

Now, now let's not start a fight about something so incignificant. I think the incident about "drawing dekker" was actually a question if someone could do sketches for me (since I can't draw). I see you've seen the website (last updated ... months ago) I do now have a full plan for the game, I just have to put it on screen (starting by making levels). And yes it is true I haven't heard from nor dexter nor nowhere man in a while, although dexter is alive (neph. an enlightenment (good read)) I changed the story somewhat based on his earlier work, so he was basically finished already. As I believe you (Cpl Hades) and I are rational people I think we can settle this. The main message of this post is that I'm not so sure the WC fans know about WCMC anymore, and I want to know if there is anyone waitng, or supporting this project.

------------------

The thing is that WCMC is doing the exact same thing as Fleet Commander. You have the same things to show as well. Nothing.

You have some drawings and a plan. You don't actually have any 'game' to show for it after years of work. By comparison some of the latest projects have almost been completed with only a few months of work.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

And we on the Fleet Commander team are not complaining about not being included in a CIC poll.
smile.gif

Fleet Commadner's problem is that our programmers decided to quit. So technically it's dead until we get new ones. ANd I haven't heard anything from Trash Can in a while.

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

[This message has been edited by Meson (edited July 25, 2000).]

As far as we could tell, your WCMC project was dead. Adding WCMC to the poll choices would've been as foolish as adding that Vega Strike game that TigerShark was working on or that WC: Revolution game that Maverick_^ guy was pretending to be making like 3 years ago.

------------------
Making love with his ego Ziggy sucked up into his mind
Like a leper messiah
When the kids had killed the man I had to break up the band.

I bet he still says he's making it.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Cpl Hades, we don't have a first mission anymore since Quarto re-wrote the entire thing, we are still using the destruction of the intrepid cutscene and have some conversions even I was not aware of.
Previously missions 1 and 2 had been completed with 3 more underway, now its just mission 1 and 2 well underway because there is a shortage of programmers (bare in mind this is after under 2 weeks work).
Good thing we're only aiming for a short campaign though
Any future episodes etc will have to be linked to the release of wingED though due to the decline in the editing community.

In short we definatley have the resources to pull off this episode in a reasonably short amount of time, I just thought I'd make it clear, the project is all new with a new plot.

Hey Tafkaw give the e-mail to me at francisco@satyam.net.in because that's the place where I now usually check my mails
smile.gif

It's a miracle that I am involved in my FAVOURITE and MY best game of all time wooooopiiiieeeeee joyful days are sometimes just ttoooo goood you know

Hey by the way guys I may not have checked up everything but I dont know what's the meaning of WCMC:
Remember guys I may not be a good explorer to find out everything by my self

Ziggy2 Stardust said:
As far as we could tell, your WCMC project was dead. Adding WCMC to the poll choices would've been as foolish as adding that Vega Strike game that TigerShark was working on or that WC: Revolution game that Maverick_^ guy was pretending to be making like 3 years ago.

Boy, that was a quick shift. Coherent sentences, good grammar, knowledgable about things that have been going on around here for years. Hmmmm.

I always suspected Ziggy to be one of the admins fooling around and laughing his head out.

Like that "whhy cantt I eddit quatro's postes I cant but he can edti mines ? This board is broken even WCHS board didnt borke like this one and shiit teh post I make allways change I edit it but it change again ???" incident with Quarto.

Back