I then ran KS to start the game and the second launcher screen came up
to play. Then I click on Transfer characters to a different.....got
booted back to desktop. So then I clicked on Secret M and got as far
as the game intro. But when I press Esc to end the intro, I got booted
out of the game.

Any suggestions to get SM1 to work? The installation went fine. Just
cant get the SM1 to run!

RLB

Are you running under WinXP? If so, try running Transfer.exe and SM1.exe using Win95 compatabitility mode. Worked for me. Good luck.

If you haven't already, try creating a shortcut to sm1.exe (setting compatability mode to win95 or win98/Me). Did you have success with transfer?

Getting WC:KS SM 1 to work

Tried shortcut; compat mode 95/98; get to intro; game crashes when I press ESC;
cant move Joystick or mouse to click on box to START SECRET MISSIONS.

Tried to use comp mode 95 to get transfer character... Wont work using comp modes.

Any suggestions?

Iam bout ready to give up on these WC 1 and 2 SM trying to work!:mad:

WC: KS SM's (Working)

USB Joystick was the problem why I cant run SM's. I disconnected stick and game runs fine. Also, transfer works!

Now does anyone know how to get the SM's run using a USB Stick?

Suggestions?

I just brought a Thrustmaster Top Gun Fox 2 Pro Shock. I dont want to buy another stick to hook-up to my sound card just to play SM's.

I got the SM 1 and 2 to work for KS and transfer when i found an old downloaded copy of them i had made like 2 years ago. the files on the wcnnews website is corrupted or something. i tried using them like 3 times and it was doing the below, loading up and crash.

If wcnews needs someone to upload the files to their site, i would be willing to email it to someone.

Can anyone confirm that our copies are corrupt? I just checked and they at least unzip properly. It's unlikely that the files are corrupt but the zipfile isn't. In any case, the Files section lists a second mirror. (Origin's FTP)

Last edited:
WC:KS SM1&2

Don't know? I d/l the files and they still will not work. So, just cant figure it out? Is it my pc? or what? If someone can figure this out, let me know. I have know problem with WC2 SO1&2 install.

i've installed the SM for the WC1 saga, and the thing keeps crashing after the intro screen. it's something with the install files. They unzip fine.

hmm.. but now.. after i've installed the SM 1 and 2, the USB gamepad no longer works. it keeps pulling the cursor to the lower right side when before it was fine. Not doing this in WC2 tho.. and not in the SO missions either.

WC:KS WC1 SM1 &@

"I've installed the SM for the WC1 saga, and the thing keeps crashing after the intro screen. it's something with the install files. They unzip fine.

hmm.. but now.. after i've installed the SM 1 and 2, the USB gamepad no longer works. it keeps pulling the cursor to the lower right side when before it was fine. Not doing this in WC2 tho.. and not in the SO missions either."

Finally. Someone else has the same problem I been talking about all along. Makes me happy I am not the only one who has experienced this problem :). Now lets see if someone can fix this.

seeing what i posted, i realize.. my post doesn't make too much sense well some... dammit work does that to me all the time.

I meant to say, I installed the SM1&2 files from the website and the WC1 section of TKS kept crashing after the intro.

I have installed the files again, but with a copy of the install files from a download i had backed up from almost 2 years ago. Now the install loads up, BUT i now have to unplug my USB gamepad because it drags the cursor to the bottom right hand section of my Screen. only does this for WC1, WC1 SM1 and WC1 SM2.

as for the joystick issue, the whole USB thing is probably a mystery.

I can play WC2 fine. I haven't started up WC3 in a while so haven't checked that yet.

Back