WC IV Story Book

Greywolf

Rear Admiral
I was looking through my different WC references today and I came across something that I had not noticed before. In the story book that comes with Wing Commander IV, I noticed a mistake. Placed in the story, there are little boxes that that show the different ships and weapons that are in the game. In the first insert, the book calls the Banshee a heavy fighter. Just wondering if any one else had seen that.

Not suprising since there seems to be alot of errors in some printed stuff vs what is actually in the games. Example would be P2, the pilots handbook vs the "Official" Origin guide book. Some weapons and accessories are labeld wrong, the descriptions are incorrect among other things. Then compare both the handbook and the guide to the actuall game content and you really see the errors! :eek:

RFBurns

Which P2 manuals are you talking about? The European and Americans got completely different fiction booklets...

The American prints, Dos version handbook from the package and the American print of the Origin Official guide to Privateer 2 TD. BTW LOAF, what kind of screen capture proggie you using to get those images you posted on other threads?

RFBurns

[Edited by RFBurns on 03-16-2001 at 14:53]

Yeah, the American P2 stuff was pretty cheaply done...

For Privateer 2, I used the deluxe edition and just printscreen'd and pasted in PSP.

For Privateer, Academy and Armada I restarted to DOS and used a program called Grabber (which Death found for me).

For WC1, 2, 3 and 4 I use the KS version and HyperSnap.

For WC4 video and the movie I use PowerDVD's screenshot function.

And for the 3DO stuff I run my 3DO through my ATI All in Wonder and use its snapshot feature.

Ahh Grabber! Ok was just wondering since Im going to add some WC stuff to my site. I need pictures!! Thanks for that info!

RFBurns

Originally posted by Earthworm
Hey LOAF, would you mind sending me this Grabber? (as long as it's not some huge program of course)

Could you send me a copy also LOAF? Heres an addy to send it to!

haroldselc@cableone.net

TIA!

RFBurns

I don't think you can see the e-mail addys in the profiles anymore. I'll send grabber in a bit...

WCIVDVD's movies are in raw .vob format on the disc -- you can copy them anywhere you like (they're just really big).

Ok thanks LOAF. If the first addy gives you any trouble (I dont think it would) but if it does you can send to my site email. rfburns@rfburns.net

I plan to play thru all the WC games and put up some pics of battles etc. My site is space oriented anyway so I figured put some WC related stuff! :)

TIA!

RFBurns

Hmm, there seems to be a bit of demand for this Grabber. Maybe you should put it in the Files' section?

Back