WC IV Documents

bw_dave

Spaceman
Well my copy of WCIV is one I got from ebay, and I just discovered the other day that I am missing some of the documents that came with the game originally. The one I bought was in mint condition so I assumed it had everything in it, but it seems there should be:

- 32 page playguide
- 40 page introduction manual
- 4 Page reference card

which I don't have. Now I know this sounds stupid, but does anyone know where I could get some of these? Does anyone here have some spares they would sell me? I don't really want to buy another copy of the game for just these items!

Yes I know its my fault for not checking before I bought, but I'd still like to redeem the situation without forking out another US$15 :)

Well, 15 dollars is better than 300 dollars for KS. I'd just buy another copy, then sell the other one. :)

Originally posted by bw_dave
Does anyone here have some spares they would sell me?

Do you realise how funny this sounds, bw_dave? "spares"...

HOW could we have "spares"?...

In any case, as Zor said, the best option for you is to buy another one that HAS these manuals (I hope you left some very negative feedback on the guy that crooked you...) and sell the copy you have...

I know that WC IV is pretty expensive these days on eBay (simply because most people think it's the best of the series), but hey, to me that's your only option...

You can also ask LOAF if he has "spares"... but I seriously doubt he'll give them away... :)

BTW, I recommend the 40 page introduction manual, it has the first 4 chapters of the Price of Freedom novel by Forstchen... :cool:

No I've got the manual with the story (48 pages I think), its the other one with the actual install instructions and stuff. Which I must admit I don't think I really want anyway - its all straightforward, and controls are the same as WC3. No it was the 20 page playguide I was mainly after.

As for sounding funny - well I figured if anyone was going to have 3 or 4 copies of WCIV in their game collection (hence maybe and un-needed, or "spare" playguide), then it would be someone here on this forum.

You'll notice too that I didn't suggest anyone "give" me anything - I offered to pay.

I actually may have a spare -- collectors often buy games for parts... give me a while to look through everything, though.

Bandit LOAF to the rescue... ;)

I remember this old Italian saying:
"Barons are always the men of the situation..."

No wait, I just made that up... :)

Hey loaf - thanks a lot (I'm assuming you're not joking :) ). I'm off to send you an email right away.

Much appreciated.

Makes me feel lucky for getting WC3 and WC4 from my friend, even if it was everything minus the boxes.

Why does everybody assume I'm joking about everything today <G>? My e-mail is loaf@wcnews.com...

its just like telling someone something and winking. now were supposed to believe thats truth when you winked at us?

Back