WC IV (95 patch) Joystik Prob :/

baphomet_ie

Spaceman
Hi!

With the compatibility mode in XP, I've decided to reinstall all my WC games (althou I cant find Armada :/)

ANywayz, so far Ive installed WC3 (from Kilrathi Saga (I have orig too :D)), WC4 and Prophecy..

WC3 works perfectly, except for a few glitches in the FMV....

WC4 also works, except for the joystick, which is really annoying becos it works in WC3 :(

For some reason the X and Y axes rnt working - even thou they work to move the mouse cursor inbetween missions. the Z axis (roll) works thou. tbh I could live without the roll on the joystik, and would glady just use keys for this action if it meant I could move my ship on the yaw and pitch axes :(.

So I was wondering, is there some way I could turn off WC4 looking for the rudder input (i cant find anything in Game Controller in Control Panel)...

my Joystik is - SAITEK CYBORG USB 3D

any help is much appreciated as Wing Commander 4 is a truly brilliant game

.:BaphomeT:.

btw does anyone know if its even possible to get Strike Commander workin on modern PC's?

no idea but try reinstalling WC4 and also try reinstalling your joystick drivers,

it could also be due to the fact that the joystick is USB and there could be an error in windows which doesn't let it work,

If none of these work then try borrowing a non usb joystick and see if that works.

good luck

yeh

Ive got a Soundblaster Audigy, that doesnt even come with a joystik port - well u get it as a daughterboard, but Id prefer not to use it.

I use to have a Logitech Wingman Warrior (normal serila connection) -and from what I remember that didnt work AT ALL in WC4 in 95 - the ship just span allover the place :(

anywayz, thx a lot for ur help man

well the X and Y axes work perfectly to move the mouse cursor on the carriers...

hmm if i try to calibrate the joystik in the gam i get nothing...

where do i go to assign keys or joystick commands?

I managed to get the joystik workin - there's an option under 'game controllers' in control panel... under advanced it says 'default controller for old games' mine was set to none so I changed it Cyborg 3d USB - it works ok - its a bit erratic when the joystik is near the centre thou :/

now another problem - how do i change difficulty and make it stay that way?

Back