WC:Invasion update...

Major A Payne

Rear Admiral
Hi again all. Well after the v2.5 release, I've been trying to sort out the planned GC, which has caused me no end of problems. Anyway, the result of this testing which included trying to put a second space map in place of the ground map, unsuccessfully I might add, has made me decide to re-enable ground combat for fighters, bombers and certain capital ships. I'll be attempting to replace a good few of the structures with ones that "look" more like the races they represent, so this is an area that I've not done any work with. Other things planned for the v3.0 of this are:

- Additional space based skirmish maps
- Additional map props (more for asthetic purposes than anything)
- Additional space skirmish structures which are hoped to provide extra benefits of different types for the various sides.
- Minor faction ships/structures added. These will be solely non-playable but may/may not be hostile to the played sides.

Anyway, thats it for now. This may also mark the final (except for bug fix patches) version which I do, as I can't see a massive amount of extra things I could add after this.

Huh, coincidental, I also just thought to myself
"That empire at war mod was great, I wonder if there's any progress been made?"

Sorry to those who are still interested in this project of mine. Theres bad news at the moment. Although the mod is still not finished as far as I'm concerned I've only recently gotten my ass back online after both moving home and having some seriously critical hardware failure (which means a whole new tower). I'm also only online every once in a while and have some important RL issues to sort out so it might be a while before the projects continued.

With regards to the planned GC I had. There is still a matter of a non working AI and I'm still unsure of the reason why it wont move from its own planet and spread out. Unfortunately, I cant go any further with this until this problem is sorted out.

Anyway, if this issue gets sorted then progress will be continued as soon as possible.

Back