WC III for 3DO

The Punisher

Spaceman
Can you "autoslide" on the 3DO version of WCIII if so what button or buttons do it.

What about adjusting the power settings or select nearest enemy fighter can you do that in the 3DO version?

Or what about targeting turrets on capital ships?

Also are there any other tricks beside "autosliding" that I am missing.

THE PUNISHER!

[Edited by The Punisher on 11-22-2000 at 05:41]

well i don't have WCIII3DO, but i'm sure all that is in the manual somewhere, check it out first.

i remmebe my first mission on the PSX, I, and 2 outher friends of mine sppend about 3 houres trying to figure out how to land, then i got the brilliant idea to read the bloody manual;)

good call but alas yes I read the manual before i posted this message.

So i still haven't figured it out.

god i wish i could do the "slide and pop"

somebody help..... :\

THE PUNISHER

[Edited by The Punisher on 11-22-2000 at 18:32]

Chances are you can't. There are likely a lot of buttons for controls and button combinations, but since autosliding is so rare in the game (The Arrow and the Excalibur if I'm correct), that they probably decided to remove it. But don't rely on that as the actual fact of the game.

All in all, I guess you'll have to do without. Sorry. :(

I don't have the 3DO version, but I've read there is no power distribution, so I assume you don't have the same slide capability with the Arrow and Excalibur. You don't even get a turret in the Longbow! I've read there are gun platforms and there is a different name for the Heavy Destroyer. Those Vampire missiles sound intimidating, as it turns out, it's just another name for "Leech".

Leeches are horribly intimidating. How would you feel floating around in space, with no control, possibly waiting for your enemy to come pick you up and torture you?

TC

Heh, that's what cyanide is for. :) Just quote Maestro at the end of SO.

I felt like being a baddie in WC4, so I leeched a whole wing of enemies, then continued to destroy them as they spun around helplessly. Heh heh.

I know WC was never meant to be realistic, but I still can't get around leech guns. I know they were only there so Blair could leech the Black Lance transport, but how can leech guns subtract from a ship's power when energy is being added to it? As opposed to a leech missile penetrating a ship, and sapping it of power through some sort of electronic device where the warhead would normally be.

Originally posted by Wedge009
I know WC was never meant to be realistic, but I still can't get around leech guns. I know they were only there so Blair could leech the Black Lance transport, but how can leech guns subtract from a ship's power when energy is being added to it? As opposed to a leech missile penetrating a ship, and sapping it of power through some sort of electronic device where the warhead would normally be.

Actually, "leech" is a misnomer. The basic operation is that it overloads electronics, not drains them of energy. Think of it as a focused EMP blast. The percentage readout is remaining functionality of the target's electronics. (Don't ask how they can tell. It is just a game, you know.)

Well, I'd assume they have a sensor that measures the magnetic field put out by the ships electronics (or something to that effect)

TC

Although getting hit by a leech can be troublesome, they have a long lock time and aren't the most maneuverable projectile out there. I'd rather have the Leech Laser as a matter of personal preferance. You can decoy a missile, but creating a screen for guns with decoys, that's kinda silly.:)

I have a question... how do leech cannons work on shields? Do they go through the shields and hit the hull, or do they overload the shields when they hit?

Originally posted by Death
Actually, "leech" is a misnomer. The basic operation is that it overloads electronics, not drains them of energy.

Ah, of course. Just like the ion cannons in Star Wars. Silly me.

In order to short out a ship's system, the energy burst could penetrate the shield in some fashion, perhaps an energy burst is directed through the shield generators that feed the shields. As the shield gens draw power from the power plant, it is my belief that the power plant is gradually burned out, directly hampering recharge rates, and engines.

Back