WC I title music

Status
Not open for further replies.

top-fit

Spaceman
Hi, I've made a little midi-file of the Wing Commander title tune. Maybe anyone of you could use it. I've changed it's name into wc1-title.doc, because the forum system won't upload .mid-files.

If anyone wants to put it on a homepage or something, feel free to do that.

Attachments

• WC1-title.doc
    19.9 KB · Views: 219
Hi, I improved my midi - version of the WC1-title a bit. Here it is.

Attachments

• wc1.doc
    24.9 KB · Views: 198
Naturally, since you made it yourself...

BTW, I've made both a Yamaha XG version and a Roland Sound Canvas version of this theme a while ago. Maybe I should link them as well:here and here...

A decidedly impressive accomplishment and something I hope people continue to do. I'd rather hear a hundred transcriptions or variations of Wing Commander music than long lists of extractions. I think there's a lot of unexplored opportunity when it comes to performances of Wing Commander music or new arragements of familiar material.

i find likes and dislikes in both versions. the foreground trumpets and violins in the "word document" are played a bit too fast. and i don't like the choice of instruments used in the second one. i do prefer the first one though...

actually, playing wc1 on a 486 with a gravis ultrasound(1mb) still sounded the best to me... still have it around for that reason. i use it (among other older games) for wc1, 2, privateer, strike commander, pacific strike, academy and armada

The problem is that every type of soundcard has different general-midi-samples. So on some computers it may sound better, on others it may sound worse.
I took the Amiga version as a pattern for my midi-file. You can learn great things about a music piece, if you try to write down it's notes or if you re-arrange it. And the Wing commander tune was a nice exercise. And who doesn't like triumph marshes?

I am the webmaster for George Oldziey at http://www.oldzieymusic.com. George and I would welcome any suggestions you may have for me to build George a Wing Commande page on his web site. Please contact me directly at webmaster@oldzieymusic.com if you have any suggestions.

Also, you can listen to free sound clips of Wing Commander music that George has written at the site, too!

All efforts are appreciated!

Nobody in particular

Hey this is kinda cool, I do like this. Nice work, um... I have a request, if you could possibly get the Landing music from WC2, that'd be kool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back