WC HL2 Deathmatch.... or CS map Or whatever... at least it might be someday

Humm... it's been a long time since I played a FPS, but I think your work looks promising, looking forward to play it... if it's someday complete ! Keep it up.

Alright... I would have updated yesterday by I realized that I needed to optimize a few things. Like I said, Ive never done this before so I ended up rebuilding all the "X's" and also all the overlaying peices too. I had finished them and then realize that I should have made them in a way that uses about half the number of pieces maybe an even greater number than that. anyway here they are....

Flight control obviously goes at the top of the stairs above which is a victory CV40 banner: a larger version of the one seen over the briefing room door in flight control. On ground level almost imediatly below the middle landing will also be that hexagonal door seen in the FMV takeoff sequences.

Anyway other than some texture works the basic flighdeck structure is pretty close to complete. but I needs to add props and and stuff. (ships, barrels, crates, tools) I dont know much about making textures so I could use some help there... and models of ships that I can import would be great (including an arrow with the cockpit open so that even if they cant fly it the players could climb into one) High quality WCish textures would be great. For example I need some pipes for behind the "X's." I dont reall want to model all of the pipes (but I suppose it would be possible). Plus any decaling sugestions (like for lines on the flight deck would be awesome. (I'll have to do some checking to see if there's any specific formats needed)

The other more immediate thing I need to know is what ships and props are where when you fly through the ship on the PC version. For now,all the walls match whats seen in the PSX version of wc3 but the PSX version doesnt have the destructible fighters and such.

Attachments

• latest1.jpg
    latest1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 200
  • latest2.jpg
    latest2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 198
AD, that is looking really really impressive. I like it...I like it a lot. :) Looking forward to more updates. We need someone to model a Kilrathi soldier and a Confed Marine to import into the game :).

Ok, so I've experimented a bit with the texture here. While still not pipes I prefer the results of this over the straight light grey metal and over the time I tried a texture that was almost black!:eek: While not lit or detailed you can see the door that apears in just about every video that takes place on the flight deck in wc3. Flight control is roughly where it should be and theres even a shaft (unseen cause I havent lit the new areas yet) for an elevator.

One thing that occured to me was that the flight deck should actually be a bit longer... but I'm not sure if I feel like changing it.

Attachments

• mymap 2.jpg
    mymap 2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 165
  • mymap 4.jpg
    mymap 4.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 180
Also I rebuilt the stairs. It bugged me that blair is seen going down the stairs from the flight control room to the left (of a viewers perspective looking out over the flight deck). But the next clip he's going in the same direction directly below a hairpin turn in the stair case. This was nagging at me as the scale from the FMV and the still shots seemed to be skewered. But a closer examination of the in flight renders gave me the answer... Two turns! Hope you guys like the changes.

Attachments

• mymap1.jpg
    mymap1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 192
  • mymap 3.jpg
    mymap 3.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 194
Looking good now. Always wondered how pointless is must be to walk all those stairs on an artificial-gravity envoirnment.

You may be confusing artificial gravity with zero gravity. Artificial gravity means there is gravity... so, in an artificial gravity environment stairs serve exactly the same purpose that they do on Earth.

Bandit LOAF said:
You may be confusing artificial gravity with zero gravity. Artificial gravity means there is gravity... so, in an artificial gravity environment stairs serve exactly the same purpose that they do on Earth.

And that's the point. You are using energy to create gravity that forces you to run up and down stairs that would require less effort without gravity.

Delance said:
And that's the point. You are using energy to create gravity that forces you to run up and down stairs that would require less effort without gravity.

And I'm sure the elevator goes down to that hatchway, too, if you're feeling particularly lazy.

Delance said:
Gravity tends to be a useful thing, though - working in zero-g is something that astronauts have to train a long time, and doing precision work is especially hard. So, really, the flight deck has to have gravity - and that means having stairs.

t.c.cgi said:
And I'm sure the elevator goes down to that hatchway, too, if you're feeling particularly lazy.

Yeah, I laid it out that way too. I've got it all set up for a lifte between the lower hallway (that I've attached to that door) and flight control. I'd assume that some kind of decontamination facilities/quarantine would be through that door as well. It wouldnt surprise me if the sickbay is located fairly near the flightdeck either (to treat pilots that land injured quickly?) But if anyone can help me with any details that are in the novel and not seen in the game that would be great.

Anyway once again... can anyone help me by providing the number of the victory's fighter complement (and how it might be broken down) and as well which ships are seen where on the flight deck inflight? (you know... the ones you can blow up.... just like all those dralthis on the kilrathi ships) Same with where the barrels and crane are?

They could have a tube with zero-g just to go up and down. It's space magic technology, after all. Energy Shields that allow fighters to go out, but keep air in, allow ships to go in, but keep energy attacks out.

Delance said:
They could have a tube with zero-g just to go up and down. It's space magic technology, after all. Energy Shields that allow fighters to go out, but keep air in, allow ships to go in, but keep energy attacks out.
Yeah, maybe they could've come up with space magic technology like that... but a magic space tube can't be used to show Blair rushing down flights of stairs to ship :).

Ok, so I spent a tone of time doing what I didnt really want to... I fixed the proportion problem on the "X's" It was really bugging me. So in this shot you can see how subtly its much more naturaly WC. Also I added some side halways part of which you can see here to give the map some variety (but If you hate it it can go...) They cant possibly have only two doors onto the flight deck can they?

Now I have to figure out if I somehow turned the floor into a sliding door:eek: ...

PLus none of my other doors work properly yet. Or ladders for that matter

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 217
d3r3k said:
It looks good, but the shape of that door way is bothering me.

Suggestions?

Attachments

• Flight deck 2.jpg
    Flight deck 2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 213
  • Door.jpg
    Door.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 201
Back