WC flight patches - where to buy?

Franz29

Spaceman
Does anyone have a link where I can buy some Wing Commander patches to go on a flight jacket?

I have collected a load of patches from existing fighter squadrons from all over the world, plus some for Star Wars and SG-1 so a confed patch or maybe even a TCS Victory/Midway etc patch would fit in nicely.

Did a froogle/ebay search but got nothing. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Stephen

There aren't any for sale, at least at present. The Confed star used on the WCP flightsuit costumes are custom made, not store-bought.

If you're interested in making your own, I'm happy to scan any of the props I own (which is all of them except for the WC3 Combined Forces patch, IIRC -- maybe one or two of the movie ones)

Thanks LOAF. Let me look around and see what the setup costs and minimum orders are then I will let you know. It would be pretty cool to have the patches for the TCS Victory and (maybe) Midway along with the Confed patch.

Pretty sure if I get some made up, some others round here might like some, and there is always ebay to make sure I don't get stuck with a load of them.

Where do you get the flight suits made up on the merchandise page? One of those with the removable patches would be pretty cool for Halloween/conventions etc.

Regards

Stephen

The flight suits are modified from this outfit, with some pockets removed and some other things (like the flap over the main zipper with its snaps) added.

The patches we used on our flight suits are custom made and then we have somebody modify a flight suit similar to the one Death posted. Unfortunately we don't have anyone available to do the modification work right now which is why we can't offer any suits right now.

If we have any left-over patches from the last order, Chris will have them although I seem to remember him saying that he's run out of them. We can't check with him right now though since Seattle got destroyed in a windstorm and he is MIA.

I should have some more around. I think I got an email asking about them. I'm still catching up on email/forums this weekend.

Hmm, I didn't e-mail you, but if you have any patches you can bear to part with I am open to offers on a price. Welcome back BTW.

Related Question: Was the Sword/Stars patch from WCIII a Terran Confed patch or for the TCS Victory? I couldn't make out the text on them from the screen shots but it looked like it was a confed patch?

I liked the shipboard uniforms for WC III (and used for the Union of Border Worlds uniform in WC IV if I'm not mistaken), more based on current mil issue but in blue with shoulder/forearm and fastener modifications. Might have a crack at sorting one of those out for a con one of these days.

Related Question: Was the Sword/Stars patch from WCIII a Terran Confed patch or for the TCS Victory? I couldn't make out the text on them from the screen shots but it looked like it was a confed patch?

The sword-and-stars patch was the "combined forces" logo, per Chris Douglas. One concept which was set up in 1994 and never really developed further than a few references was that there was a "Terran Alliance" external to the Confederation that was fighting the Kilrathi -- ie, a bunch of races/political entities who otherwise wouldn't have had anything to do with each other joined together. This was their 'war' logo -- similar, sort of, to the black and white stripes the allies painted on all their aircraft for D-Day.

Hmm, interesting concept. I guess it's not too big a stretch to see a group of colonised worlds no longer wanting to be a part of the Terran Confederation and forming their own independent groups, but all coming together to combat a threat bigger than either can handle on it's own. Shame it was never fully fleshed out - maybe that would have explained the existence of the before unheard of Union of Border Worlds from WC IV; at least, I had never heard of them, just playing the games and not reading any other fiction - no idea if they are referenced there or not.

The UBW (or rather systems that became the UBW) isn't mentioned prior to WC4, either novel or game.

Even with that kind of connection, though, there's still the fact that more than a few of the UBW systems were Confed in WC1, not part of an allied-but-independent government.

Back